6

After dinner, I had dozed off on the couch and was woken up by someone shaking me. Jerking up, I look at Sprite.

"We have an issue. Come on."

She leads me back to the dining room, only now it's dark out. Everyone's sat down at the table, Sersi looking white as a ghost.

I listen as she explains why the Eternals were really sent to Earth. What the deviants actually are, and the horrible fate that's in store for Earth. I'm panicked as I realize the severity of what she tells us.

Earth is going to be destroyed. Humans are going to die. My family is going to die.

Im in a daze as the other Eternals come to term with the truth of their history. I ignore Kingo trying to decide if they're good or bad guys and how Thena isnt crazy.

I take deep breaths as I try to control the anxiety flowing through me. How am I going to bring another person into this world, when the world might not actually be here?

"We have to stop the emergence." I look up at Sersi and see the determination in her gaze.

"Sersi, we have no right to stop the birth of a Celestial." Kingo counters.

"There has to be a way Tiamut can emerge without destroying Earth. We just have to delay it until we figure out how."

"Could you control its mind?" Gilgamesh asks me.

All eyes turn to me and I let out a breath. "I don't know." My magic is drained. I can already feel it. My pregnancy is making me useless like it did the first time. "I haven't been very active with my powers. They're rusty. I wouldnt bet on me."

"You think Druig could control its mind then?" Gilgamesh asks the others. "Together, they could put it to sleep."

"Put it to sleep?" Sprite asks. "Are you serious?"

"Gilgamesh asked Druig to put me to sleep once."

"So I could take a vacation to Fiji you know?"

I think to Gil's suggestion. If two telepaths worked together, we might be able to put the Celestial to sleep. Put Im not a pro at the mind controlling. I can get into people's minds, but making them do things is not my specialty.

"We're talking about a Celestial!"

"We have to try! Come on, we're not gonna let everyone on Earth die right?"

"I agree with Sersi," I state. "I can try."

"Yes!" Karun agrees and my eye twitches at his statement. "Im human. Im a little biased."

I watch as Karun and Kingo have a heated discussion with Karun ending on top.

"We need to go. Now" Ikaris demands from where he stands in the corner.

He is really annoying. I would be okay if I never saw him again.

"Find the others. Once we're all together, we'll decide what to do about the emergence."

I look at Sersi and can tell we're both on the same page. We'll be doing everything we can to save Earth no matter what.

We flew through the night. All of us resting as we made our way to the Amazon.

Yeah. The freaking Amazon Rainforest.

I have done way too much traveling in one week. I'm mentally and physically exhausted. And Im tired of puking. I've puked so much, its a miracle Im still functioning.

The plane landed in a clearing, and we disembarked. I had fashioned myself some new clothes after cleaning up in the bathroom. Instinctively, I reach up and run my fingers on the beads of my necklace from Shuri.