12.

A/N: hey lovers! Just a quick note that this chapter's font is going to be in italics because this particular part of the story takes place in the past.
Okie anyways happy reading!

............

"Oh no! There are only a few hours until the party begins! "I have no idea what to wear!" I muttered as I sat back down on my bed, bored of looking for an outfit.

"It's all right, Nyx. We'll figure it out. "Would you like to go to the mall and get something?" She questioned as she sat next to me.

"No, we've already spent a lot of money!" I don't want to go out and get anything just for a party; it seems pointless." I let out a sigh.

"Why do you think it's pointless?"

"Because..."

"Because why not?" Learn to enjoy yourself! "Your senior year of college has just ended, babe!"

"Because you already know everyone is going to get wasted!" And I'm always left out at parties. "I feel as if I don't belong there." In my defence, I stated.

"Your parents are throwing the party!" I'm talking about YOUR PARENTS! My parents would never do something like that, and they also want you to have fun! You should not isolate yourself in your room. They want you to live once again. You learnt how to separate yourself from everything after...after he went. You shouldn't let him impact you in this way. He's been gone for over six months. He didn't explain anything to you. Or any phone call or text message. Nyx, get over it. Get rid of HIM. Don't let him spoil your future because he was your past." Grace explained everything to me. Despite being roughly the same age, she had always been my elder sister. And she was correct; I should not allow anyone to dominate me.

Jeremy was his name. Jeremy and I had been dating for over four years when he decided he no longer wanted me. He thought I was "too simple" to brag about to his "popular" buddies. He didn't explain anything to me and simply departed. It had been over six months since he had left, and I was still struggling to deal. We were one of the most basic couples around, never being caught up in the mainstream. I had no idea when we began to drift apart. And though we were so similar, we developed very opposite personalities. I saw the warning signs but disregarded them; he set fire to my forest and let it burn.

"Hey! "I think I found the perfect outfit for you!" Grace squeaked as she selected an outfit. It was a short white corset one piece that was ideal for the evening.

I smiled at what she had chosen and searched for matching jewellery and shoes.

"You should unwind tonight, girl." Get a little wasted. But don't do it too much!" She warned me.

"I won't, mom," I joked.

..................

"Grace, are you sure about this?" "I appear to be an outsider." As we approached her home, I questioned. Mr. and Mrs. Williams had agreed to let us use their home because the lounge was large and they felt they could rely on us, especially my parents. They were in one of the rooms with my parents. They were aware that we had not invited anyone who would cause a commotion.

"Nyx...Relax! Simply inhale and exhale in and out." I began to breathe heavily, in and out, as she did.

"What are you doing? "Are you having a seizure or something?" She looked at me, wide-eyed.

"No. Silly!" I paused.

As I stepped inside, loud music began to fill my ears. I spotted Sapphira and drew her away from the group she was with. But she didn't mind.