15.

"VALENTINO! What exactly are you saying? YOU KNEW IT HAD TO BE HER! And you didn't bother telling me?" I busted out laughing when Valentino said it this afternoon. After the failed coffee, Val and I returned to the house. He tried to persuade me that he wanted me to find out for myself, so he didn't tell me.

"Damon I wanted you to discover it for yourself! At the very least, you now know who she is! At least she's no longer a mystery to you!" As a matter of fact, Valentino stated.

"Yeah, and you don't have to worry about it too much, Damon! You are now familiar with her. This allows you to get to know her better and strengthen your bond with her. If that's what you're looking for?" Lawrence calmed me down.

"That's not the point, Lawrence" I said, raising my hands in the air.

"Then what is?"

"I wanted her to accept me as I am. Not in my situation. Not the Damon she remembers as a member of one of the biggest businessman. But Damon who...who..."

"Who what, Niall?"

"Who..who likes her.." I hardly spoke above a whisper. Lawrence's lips curved into a big grin as a result of this.

"DO YOU LIKE HER?! DAMON! I KNEW!"
Louis squeaked like a child on Christmas.

However, I didn't... I don't think I was supposed to pick up on Valentino's whisper. I gave him a worried look, but he only smiled.

"Where are Dominique and Landon?"
Valentino inquired.

"Yeah, where are they?" I also included.

Before Lawrence could respond, the door opened, showing the two young men we had just imagined.

"Hey, buddy! What have you two been up to?" I inquired, my smile fading as Landon's troubled expression entered my view.

"Hey.. What happened?" the three of us approached him, alarmed.

"I can't do this...Dominique?" Landon whispered as he ran up the stairs to his room.

"Whats wrong?" We all asked, only to be met with a modest, yet mournful, sideways nod.

"Landon and Leah.." He murmured.

"Yeah, but what about them?" Valentino inquired, his jaw agape.

"They broke up.." His expression shifted to something completely inscrutable.

"Oh, my God." I murmured something.

Harry took off his beanie and ran his hand over his unkempt hair. Lawrence gasped and coveredhis mouth.

"I'll check on him." I said.

"No, don't do it." Allow him to be alone. He needs some alone time right now."

"Do you know why? Dom, do you know why?" Lawrence inquired.

"Not at all. He called and asked me to come pick him up. I did. He then told me. All I know is that it is their decision.
They chose to put a stop to it once and for all.'

••••••••

I went to check on Landon last night, but he was sleeping. It grieved me to see him in this state. I couldn't see why; their relationship was proceeding at a steady speed, so why was it necessary to break it? How could you get the courage to put an end to something so lovely? Is that what happens after you've known someone for a long time? Not anyone else but that specific girl. Is that what occurs when you finally get the girl of your dreams? Is that what occurs when you finally find the person you love? That after a while, they just aren't as special? I couldn't get this thought out of my head.