04💌 see you soon

"Isabella Harper, come to the principal's office right now."

Huh? What did I do? I can't remember doing anything wrong? Is this Bianca's doing? What stupid scheme did she come up with this time? I sigh and get up from my seat, walking over to the stupid office. 

I slip in through the door, looking around the moody room. The principal always manages to keep the room pitch black no matter the time. "I'm here." I nod.

The principal gestures for me to take a seat with a practiced smile.

"Urm... What did you call me for?" I ask, looking around and then finally at him.

He looks down at his computer. The brightness lighting up his face. "It's about your grades."

"My grades?" I cut in.

His smile grows strained. "Yes, your grades." He pauses, waiting for me to rudely interrupt again. Well that's a bit overdramatic. He continues on once he notices that I have nothing more to say, "Specifically your P.E grade. You nearly failed it last year and I worry that you may not pass it at all this year."

"Oh."

He gives me a tight lipped smile and nods. "But that's okay," he continues on, "all you need to do is join an extra physical activity and that should help your grade stay steady. One for after school if you have the time?" His eyes motion over to mine.

"Yes, I do."

"Great." He looks back at his screen, his eyes glowing a bright white from it. "Is there any sport you think of maybe being able to join?" He turns his screen over to me, showing me the list of sports available for me to join. "Would football be possible?"

I squirm in my seat. "No thank you..."

"Then how about basketball?"

I shake my head.

"Then dance or gymnastics? I've heard many good things about the clubs there."

An awkward chuckle escapes my lips. "Aha... no."

The principal is clearly growing strained and annoyed but is desperately trying to keep a cool exterior. His forehead creasing from the obvious fake smile. His finger traces the screen as he goes down the list and slowly lands on tennis.

"Then how about tennis?" His smile softens. "Mainly girls are a part of the club and they're all very kind."

My mind wanders to the past from his mention of tennis.

"Yeah. I used to play tennis when I was younger." I say in a trance, my words running faster than my thoughts and once my thoughts catch up it's already too late. The principal looks at me with a big smile.

"Then tennis it is!" He nods. "I'll sign you up for it so you can go today."

My eyes widen. "Today?" I force a smile. "But— but I don't... urm, I don't have the gear!" I exclaim. "Neither the clothes nor the tennis rack, besides isn't there anything else I can choose?"

His smile grows strained again. He really needs to learn how to not show how he feels on his face. "Sadly, tennis was the last option and it's alright anyway, there are several clothes and tennis racks for you to borrow."

Goodness...

"But! —" I want to object even further but the veins showing on his face tells me otherwise. Any more words out of me and he'll probably start screaming. I swallow my words and sigh. "I'll gladly join the tennis club." He nods gleefully and I get up, not wanting to stay in this stuffy, musky room any further.

Of course I'm put in the same club as the hellspawn. I let out a sigh.

This is gonna be a long year...

My face hits something since I wasn't watching where I was going, my mind having completely wandered to what type of hellishness I'm gonna have to go through thanks to Bianca.

I hold in yet another sigh. "Oh, excuse m—"

"Isabella?"

Huh.

My eyes shoot up. And of course, the most breathtaking person is standing right in front of me. He shoots me a smile once he realizes it's really me.

"What— what are you—"

"Oh me?" He smiles. "I was on the way to the nurses office, what about you? Did something happen?"

I blink at him, confused by his words for a moment until I realize where I'm standing. Right, the principal. "Oh, no, nothing happened. The principal just wanted me for something." Did that sound right? Was I too stilted?

He nods. Standing quietly for a moment as he eyes me. His expression soon goes back to his usual as he shoots me a smile. "Has everything been okay today? You've been acting a bit," he goes quiet for a moment, searching for the right word, "differently."

"Oh, me? I am completely fine and completely normal." Horrible.

He blinks. And then smiles. "Well, that's good to hear."

We both go quiet. Having nothing left to say. I breathe inwardly, getting ready to leave. But his words stop me.

"What did the principal call you for?"

Is he... is he keeping the conversation going?

No.

Just my imagination and even if he is it's nothing special. He's always been a friendly guy. You know this Isa.

My mouth forms an 'o' as I try to find my words. "Just my P.E grades and stuff, I have to fix that up so I'm joining the tennis club."

His eyes sparkle for a moment. "Really?"

What's that about?

I swallow the thought. "Weren't you going to the nurses office? She's closing soon isn't she? You should probably get going." I have to end this conversation fast. With all these unexpected events I don't want to stick around until I end up doing something unexpected too.

"Oh yeah I should get going, well," he walks past me, "see you soon."

"R— right, bye!"

Hold on.

See me soon?