Chapter 9

Adrien grinned, rubbing sleepy eyes as he slipped out from under the covers of his hotel bed. He had stayed up too late, but it had been worth it.

Grabbing his phone, he headed to the bathroom to brush his teeth. Chloé would kill him if he showed up late.

The post of he and Chloé decked out as Ladybug and Chat Noir had climbed up to 65,000 likes overnight and that number was still climbing. More importantly, it meant that his Ladybug's store would get the much needed recognition it deserved.

He chuckled around his toothbrush before spitting out the paste.

Grinning from ear to ear in the mirror, he moved through the tedium of his skincare routine. At least he had messages from his Lady to keep things interesting.

She snuck in a reply before the photo was uploaded.

Grabbing the cooler foundation and concealer from his kit, he fired off the picture before he got too distracted.

In the image, he beamed while wearing her classic Chat Noir outfit, with the custom modded mask.

She'd even figured out how to get the goggles to light up without hurting his eyes. He proudly displayed his prized award: Fan Favorite Hall Cosplay.

It was hard to make himself focus on the limited makeup and not gauge her reaction, but he had slept in longer than he had planned. Chloé had made arrangements for them to do a location shoot that could be used to promote the brand.

Over the years, he had long ago learned not to anger the person who was setting your schedule.

Adrien laughed aloud. He should have known she would worry.

Not that he had forgotten much of their chats, especially with the whole history there for him to reminisce over and over again.

Adrien frowned, carrying his phone back towards the closet and mirror. He needed to start getting dressed in the other costume before he put the wig and mask on. If had had any idea, he would have stopped Chloé from posting the picture and tagging her store.

Adrien sighed, unzipping the garment bag and pulling out the outfit, piece by piece, haunted by the lack of dots on Ladybug's end.

Glancing at his phone, the dots finally started to appear. Then stopped and started again. He forced himself to focus on tugging the slim fitting pants into place. It was a chore, but he needed that to anchor the other sections his LB had created.

The knock at the door jarred him from his vigil staring at the screen.

Chloé looked annoyed beneath the mask. "I told you we had a timetable."

Adrien pouted, tugging on a tank top to cover himself as she marched right in. "I was celebrating my win."

"With who?" Chloé jeered. "You know you can't talk to other people without them suspecting. 'Felix Fantom's' voice is a little too familiar to these people."

He smirked. "Tell that to my cousin."

Chloé had the grace to look annoyed. "I would... but he has already threatened lawsuits about your awful pun on his name. We had to go on the news and have the casting director confirm that he wasn't Chat Noir's VA before his lawyers calmed down."

"Sorry that the pseudonym fits a little too well." He smiled. "Nathalie liked my joke at least."

"Well, she didn't have to clean up that mess."

He patted her shoulder. "If it's any consolation, you've gotten very good at it."

She rolled her eyes. "Just tell me I don't have another mess to clean up."