Chapter 30

Marinette held her breath until a pair, whose faces looked nearly identical to Alya and Nino, stepped into their private compartment.

Rose cheered. "You made it!"

"We had to shut it off to get through Customs, but we turned it back on soon after." Kagami confided, happy to turn the system off and let the battery recharge. "We couldn't afford to be spotted out in public. In Paris at least."

Adrien shut his off right after, shooting a worried glance in Marinette's direction.

She patted the seat beside her as Kagami sat down beside Luka.

"Are you alright?"

He smiled softly. "Your plan worked perfectly. It was great thinking!"

"Yeah, I'm a genius." Marinette quickly dismissed. "You look worried, though."

Adrien sighed. "Alya and Nino didn't exactly seem pleased to have to deal with each other."

Marinette's jaw dropped. "Really? They seemed fine at the bar the other day."

Adrien nodded. "I was a little surprised."

Marinette shook her head. "Nino has always been really nice. I went back through my old diary after we ran into each other the other night, and he was sweet enough to ask Alya and I out to the zoo just after she started school there. He was always really quiet but he'd been nice to me. I don't think I ever heard Alya complain..."

Adrien's arm shifted behind her. "I think I'll feel better once we're on the ship and far enough out that our parents can't find us for a little while."

Marinette smiled, finally glad that someone else shared her usual anxious energy about everything going wrong. She reached out, slipping her hand into his. "We're almost there."

Arms crossed over her chest, Penny beamed at the whole group, clearly pleased they were all there and could finally get moving. "Now that we're all here, I wanted to go over the plan. Once we get to London, I've arranged for a hotel for the rest of the evening and then for us to do some clothes shopping first thing," Penny explained from their compartment car, which at least could fit all 7 of them together more quietly. "The yacht wasn't available on short notice, so I had to go with something more commercial for the seven day trip to New York City. They had a fairly formal dinner dress code, and I couldn't get that information to all of you in time."

"When will Luka and I get married?" Kagami asked.

"I've arranged for the Captain to officiate the wedding on the third day of the cruise, when we'll all be well out at sea and well away from any coastline."

"Meaning we have to try to lay low for a while?" Luka asked, Kagami's hand in his.

"As long as we can anyways."

Jagged nodded. "I'll even tone down the makeup a bit. Penny got a rocking wig for me to hide my hair while out around the other guests." He beamed over at her. "She even arranged a concert in New York where we can announce the wedding, hopefully before your mother has realized she's too late to try and force any dirty tricks."

Kagami smirked. "Now I'm a little sad I won't be in Paris to see the look on Mother's face."

Adrien chuckled, grinning down at Marinette. "Maybe we can see if Nino can have Max arrange it."

"Can I ask what kind of dresses you brought?" Penny asked.

"To be honest, not much." Kagami sighed. "The focus was more on getting out any which way we could."

Luka reached out to grasp Kagami's hand. "Did you at least think about what kind of dress you wanted to get for the ceremony?"

"Nothing traditional." She declared without hesitation, "I would love it if we all found something to match our personalities."