Chapter Nine

SandFur bowled FallenPaw over with a screech of rage. He's attacking me! Letting out a shocked yowl, eyes wide. How dare SandFur attack him? Because he had defended Atticus? Atticus stared with wide eyes and then was tackled down by GooseEye.

GooseEye managed to pin Atticus down, snarling. His ears flattened on his head and he spat a threat. Atticus yowled and kicked upwards, dashing to another attacker.

Struggling under the strong hold-down of SandFur, FallenPaw tried to shove the warrior off. SandFur sneered and shoved him down again, into the kit. Hear racing, FallenPaw let himself fall limp. SandFur loosened, and FallenPaw kicked his hind-legs upwards. SandFur flew off with a hiss, hitting the ground with a loud thump. SandFur lay in shock for a moment, before shaking himself.

He leaped to his paws and pelted toward FallenPaw with a hiss. He rested up his paw and slashed it across FallenPaws cheek. FallenPaw blinked blood out of his eye. Great StarClan, SandFur was strong! He saw SandFur crouching down, lifting his right paw up. FallenPaw screeched, and leaped forward, grabbing SandFur's paw in his muzzle. Warm, sticky blood dripped down his face.

Something roared inside of FallenPaw, and he violently ripped SandFur's paw forward. SandFur wailed. FallenPaw's claws dug into SandFur's face. FallenPaw's eyes narrowed into fierce anger. SandFur deserved this... SandFur had dared attack him!
"FallenPaw, stop! You'll twist my paw!" SandFur screeched, his voice pleading. FallenPaw stared down at him coldly. He knew that if he wanted to, he could twist his head and twist SandFur's paw, forever. He could make him hurt for the treachery he had shown towards him and DewPaw...

And then, he realized, he really didn't want to. He spat out SandFur's paw. SandFur shook his paw, looking relieved. He spat at SandFur,

"You're lucky I'm a loyal clanmate, or I might've twisted your paw," he warned, his claws sheathing. He stood strong, and tall, while SandFur crouched down. SandFur lowered his eyes. FallenPaw bared his teeth before turning away to aid another clanmate.

Claws dug into his back. FallenPaw screeched, being thrown to the ground. SandFur had him pinned down, and his eyes were narrowed. The weakness had been a trick, so SandFur could ambush him from behind!

"I'll be the hero!" SandFur yowled, looking up into the sky. "I'll save the clan from you, once and for all! If FatePaw can't do it, then I will!" Pride filled his eyes, and FallenPaw could tell... SandFur really thought he was saving the clan. Because FallenPaw's whole life, SandFur had hissed and spat about how FallenPaw would destroy the clan...

It started to rain. The rain poured almost instantly, drenching the gathering and the cats. A few cats wailed as clouds covered the moon, but the fighting went on/ Beads of water pelted off SandFur onto FallenPaw. As SandFur shoved him more, mud started to stick in FallenPaw's fur.

FallenPaw twisted around, his face and legs pressing into the muddy dirt below. He reared his spine upwards, and the pressure was off of him. He spat out dirt. GooseEye was still fighting Atticus, who looked furious and frightened at the same time.

"I don't want to fight you!" Atticus yowled. GooseEye shoved Atticus in the dirt, shoving his muzzle towards Atticus. He breathed,

"If AceStrike says you're a danger, then it must be true! You've been betraying us- he was cut off as Atticus threw him off, glaring at GooseEye,

"I've done nothing! Give me a chance!" He pleaded. GooseEye hesitated. FallenPaw wondered if GooseEye was considering the loner's word. He sagged in relief as GooseEye backed away from Atticus, and ran. He turned back to SandFur, tail lashing.

"I didn't want to fight you," FallenPaw hissed. "You're my clanmate. But now it looks like I'll have to," his claws unsheathed as he drew closer to his clanmate, tailing lashing. SandFur would not win this fight. Anger flamed inside of him. SandFur looked up at FallenPaw, baring his teeth. He leaped at FallenPaw again, crying out a battle cry. Claws struck his ear.