✧*̥˚ Chapter 3 *̥˚✧

All of sudden, a large shadow appeared behind me and I turned around to see... 

Souei?!

Y/N POV:

"Y/N, we should get started now." His voice sent chills down my spine. Rimuru silently turned into a slime and started bouncing back to another hallway.

"Y-yeah.." I replied. "Hey, hey, already starting without me?" Akari called. "No, we were just about to start." Souei answered. "Okay, follow me Y/N!" Akari led me to the 'Infiltration Room'. The room was a modernized version of a museum and it had 'mansion vibes' when we literally just came from an 'underground techonology-ish' place; other than that, it had 5 rich-looking sculptures displayed by a tall modern um- block? Furthermore, 4 of them were positioned in the edges of the room, each having their own unique element. Last of all, the one in the middle showed a statue of...a slime?! Wait is that Rimuru?? Ugh nevermind that.

Akari turned on a pack of red lasers that shone in an instant. "Firstly, you need to cross the room without touching a single laser and go undetected in the dark. Akari grinned, "Think you can manage? Or you need someone to show you-" and with that, Souei 'vanished' and swiftly made his way through the patch of lasers and soon enough, he was standing on the other side of the room, not touching a single laser. I gasped with my mouth open, while Akari stood there smiling with a sweat. 

"C'mon Y/N, you try." Akari convinced as I made my way slowly, dragging my body on the floor and lifting one foot at a time when it came to a laser in mid air. I was doing it, wow this was a lot easier than I had expected - even for my first time. Without thinking, I slid past but didn't notice the laser above my head and suddenly, the alarm turned on and the lasers came off. "Better luck next time Y/N" Akari shrugged while Souei just stood there with his eyes closed and released a sigh. 

Even though I had failed this one time, I was determined to succeed, so I tried again, again, again and..again, but I had failed every time. "Let's just call it a day, who knows? Maybe tomorrow you can do it." Akari told me. We all left the infiltration room and I decided to stay over at HeadQuarters, I was too tired and lazy to walk back home anyways. I lied and texted my parents to tell them I was staying over at a friend's house today. 

< Messages

Mom/Mother

Mom, I'm staying over at friend's house 

today. I'll be back in the morning.

Message has been closed..

Y/N POV:

I hope she will at least read the message, but from the looks of it I don't think she will. I started walking back to my room or in this case, you can call it 'dorm'. Now that I think of it, I haven't really decorated my room or filled it in. Right now it was just a blank room with nothing but a bed, a table and a clock on top of the table. (Rimuru took the couch for himself)

I started thinking about what I could put in here to make myself comfortable, but for now I just laid in bed and stared at the ceiling thinking..

What have I gotten myself into?

I doze off quickly after an exhausting day.

~The Next Day~

Time: 6:57, Saturday

Y/N POV:

Wait why am I not in my room? Oh- right, I'm at HeadQuarters.. Let me check my phone to see if Mom replied. I grabbed my phone form the table beside me.

< Messages

Mom/Mother

Mom, I'm staying over at friend's house

today. I'll be back in the morning.

We going to a business trip and 

will be gone for the whole weekend.

Ok

Message has been closed..

Y/N POV:

Huh, they just told me now? I sighed, whatever. This means I can spend the day here- I was interrupted by my stomach growling as if it was starving. No wonder, I skipped dinner yesterday because I was too tired. Guess I'm having a heavy breakfast today.

I pulled the blanket off body and I felt the quick temperature change. I noticed that I was still wearing the same clothes as yesterday, so I used the electronic transporter to go back to my room. I opened my closet and changed into another set of clothes, cooked some instant ramen noodles in my pantry and left back to HQ. 

I quickly finished breakfast and headed back to the Infiltration room. I wanted to practice as much as possible and soon enough it became really fun just to act like an operative, yet I kept failing because of unawareness. While trying it, Souei came in the room and started explaining what I was doing wrong and how to improve it. I was astonished at how much he knew.

I started training all the time and after school. Surely enough, after a week I could finally get past the lasers. But there came another problem, the code number. I had no code-unlocking skills so I struggled a lot with that. 

~Time skip to 1 month later~

Y/N POV:

A month has passed by and I finally got the hang of it and also learned about stealth, movement and spatial awareness. It was a thing that helped me sense a presence or if something is dangerous. Finally, I moved onto the next training session, combat. 

Fortunately, I excelled in in combat after a few weeks. It turns out that my speciality was using guns instead of swords. It turns out that I had a sharp eye and I could even shoot a fast moving target.

I went to find Rimuru to start my final training when I bumped into Shuna in the hallways. She seemed to be looking for me - of course, my training. 

"Oh Y/N! I was just looking for you."

"O-oh ok, where is the final training?" I asked Shuna with a tilted face

"Follow me." Shuna replied

She led me to a very serene, soundproof room which I guess where my training would start. "Okay, let's begin your training..."

(omg pls don't attack me but I sorta just skipped thru the training 😭, I promise it will be better on the actual mission D: )

~Timeskip to after training~

Y/N POV:

I was called into the main room as I stood beside Shuna and Akari. In front of me, was Rimuru.

 "Y/N, I have a mission for you.

*✧ ───────── ✧*

Hii idk if I can post anytime soon because I need to start preparing for exams. Ik this chapter sucks because of how I rushed it and I'll try to work on the next chapter with my freetime. Thanks Byeee <3