Chapter 4:The Nightmares of an Old Friend

~Koros Pov~

Hibana:"So it is true."

Hibana said trailing off as the atmosphere got thick and it seemed like they had just caught onto the world which I had been ripped into years ago through an old friend of mine.

Obi:"What do you know?"

Koros:"Trust me...I dont know that much though I do know there is a group that is almost like a cult that has destruction as a goal."

Obi:"What do you mean by that?"

Koros:"They wish to find seven beings to bring about a second great cataclysm this one being much worse than the first could ever dream to be."

The rooms silence was long as the tense enviroment could be cut by a knife. Every single eye was on my as I felt time seem to stand still for a second before the captain would begin to laugh...he would laugh and laugh getting up and picking me up.

Obi:"Glad your on our side then!"

He would hook me in his arm which I didnt exactly like as I was being held hostage in a side hug. I quickly maneuvered my way out of the hug jumping back to make distance as I would sigh brushing off my hoodie which I soon took off.

Obi:"Not the hugging type I see!"

He laughed and the whole mood had changed from the once tense enviroment which did honestly catch me off guard for a second but I merely shrugged as a response looking back towards Hibana with a sinister smile.

Koros:"So wheres the cloak?"

Hibana:"I have no clue what your talking about."

Koros:"Alright so heres how this is gonna go...either in the next five seconds I either know
a)the location of my cloak
Or
b)How fast I could knock someone out."

Hibana:"Heh you dont mean that..."

I would stare at her slowly counting down with my fingers and she would just smile sweating a bit but when I got to one she would quickly throw me my cloak which I would catch and put it on.

Iris:"...You were joking right Koros?"

Koros:"No...I was dead serious."

The priest slowly chuckled and I looked at the lieutenant who said nothing but by the nod he gave I could tell he approved...I already found my favorite person in this place.

Obi:"Hinawa do you mind starting cooking."

Hinawa:"No I do not mind."

The serious man would walk past me and out the door and I couldnt help but have my gaze follow. Then within seconds my hand snapped at Hibanas hand which was slowly reaching for me gripping her wrist tightly in my hand as I would stare at her.

Hibana:"You honestly are no fun."

I would sigh and grab her hand pulling her in my lips being mere inches from hers. This shut her up very quickly as my face remained unchanging, hers was as red as an apple and when she did try to kiss me I just pulled back.

Hibana:"HEY!"

Koros:"Your gonna have to work for it...Im not gonna give it for free."

I would snicker and walk towards the window and look outside at a fancily dressed man walking with a sort of swagger to him. I would just shake my head, letting out a long sigh soon after I would turn my back towards him leaning against the window sill.

I looked at a saddened and defeated Hibana and then at the other captain who was holding in laughter and looked like he was about to break.

Koros:"So this place is filled with looneys...Good to know."

I would look back to see the man had stopped and was just staring at me...he was unmoving in appearance and would kinda shiver a bit as he would wear an ominous smile his head tilted to the left.

I took a deep breathe and it felt like I was inhaling smoke and ash which caused me to wheeze it. He would vanish and seemingly appear infront of me that smile never fading as I gripped at my throat his hand grabbing it and tightening its grasp causing me to choke.

I soon collapsed onto the ground scratching at my throat as it felt so hard to breathe the only thing I felt in it was hot as it felt like I was only inhaling smoke. Then my eyes slowly faded as my body which once convulsed began to calm and soon I was out cold.

When I awoke well when my eyes opened within the dream would the same man was standing before me...He would be smiling and soon I heard his bones snap and his skin rip as the one pale color turned black with blue flames.

When I looked again what stood infront of me was no longer human but a monstrosity that can be considered a devil. The two glowing eyes piercing my very soul while a third opened upon his forehead showing me my worst memory...

When I blinked I relived it all over again, the cold blood which drenched my hands and the wicked smile I wore my eyes reeling after looking at the murdered and mangled corpse of my old friend

When I blinked I relived it all over again, the cold blood which drenched my hands and the wicked smile I wore my eyes reeling after looking at the murdered and mangled corpse of my old friend. Though I couldnt tell it was her I just had that feeling and as I looked into her lifeless eyes I couldnt help but have my own fill with tears.

The only sounds that filled my ears were that of fire and of voices calling me a monster as I held her corpse....I slowly brought it up and held her dearly in a hug not wanting to let go of her ever again.

Then it played all over again...the same nightmare repeated and repeated that same pain never once growing weaker and the same voice which scolded branding me as a monster only grew louder and louder.

Soon enough I felt tranquil and even though I stared within her eyes looking at her lifeless corpse I held it in my arms not even shedding a tear. My soul was calmed from its once unstable state as I just took a deep breath.

Even though I was called a monster, a freak, the word had changed so many times at this point and I just didnt care. It didnt stab into me, it felt as though metal chains were released from my body freeing me from the prison I had constructed in my own mind...

Then he appeared that same creature that I no longer saw as a terrifying beast but as a helpful ally...His smile sincere as the once nightmarish eyes had revealed tranquil moments of my past his six long arms crossed up while one held my shoulder.

Then at once we both took a deep breathe in and looking at him I exhaled my eyes opening...Those chains that once held me back now freed and as I looked at my hand I saw a smoke slowly rise from it as it shifted from human to monstrous...which was fine now...