So Close

Taylor's pov

I limped down the steps into the living room and walked up behind jahseh on the couch.

I put one of my legs on either side of him and wrapped my arms around his waist.
He turned his head slightly and smirked at me then continued to type on his laptop.

I laid my head on jahsehs back and closed my eyes, as I started to doze off I heard the front door slam open.

"Wassup y'all" stokeley said as he walked in the house.

"Where you been Nigga?" Jahseh said and rolled his eyes.

"Nigga I went to Tjay house to ask to borrow his guns, if them niggas wanna use guns we is too" stokeley said and took his backpack off.

"What do you mean guns!?" I said and looked at jahseh.

"Taylor don't even start that, you know I got it" jahseh said to me calmly.

"you never told me they pulled guns out on you, we can just order new medicine really" I pleaded with jahseh.

"Taylor no I'm getting those, I'm not letting him think I'm a bitch that's just not happening" jahseh said as he walked over to the bag of guns.

I got angry and got up from the couch.

"Is this about my medicine or is this just your ego taking charge?" I said and crossed my arms.
The room went quiet for a second.

Jahseh looked at me and shrugged.

"Nevermind, you're just as crazy as him" I said and walked up the stairs.

Jahseh pov

I watched as Taylor walked up the stairs and I felt my face getting hot.

"Jahseh calm down, cause you know she's right" stokeley said and shook his head.

This unexplainable anger was something I had been dealing with for a while that I couldn't really control.

"I know she right about my ego, but comparing me to him is crazy" I said as I took a deep breath

"Jah, remember that's Taylor. Go talk to her and figure something out. Ima be listening too, don't let yo feelings make you fuck up" Stokeley said.

I handed him the gun I was looking at and walked upstairs.

I walked up to my bedroom and I heard SpongeBob on.

I opened the door and looked at Taylor.

She looked at me obviously upset.

I was real mad and irritated with her mostly cause I'm tryna take care of her and she's mad at me, but I remembered what stokeley said.

I walked into the room and closed the door

I walked over to the bed and laid beside her and she cuddled up to me and laid her head on my chest.

I was confused.
Even when she was upset she still showed love and affection, which is something I haven't really had before.

When I'm upset or mad I'm like a different person. I can't be cool.

But she's the total opposite.

"You were just mad at me, why you being nice" I said and looked down at Taylor's hair

"I'm still mad but no matter the situation you gotta appreciate the people you got" she said and continued to watch SpongeBob.

I didn't know what to say about what Taylor said. I've never seen someone be so passive and loving before, my own mom wasn't even that forgiving.