☆Chapter Three☆

Enjoy

All night long... there was no amount of sleep. You looked at the clock in your room and saw what it read. With a sigh, you got out of your bed and began to get ready for work.

And, although you hated makeup, you applied just a bit to hide the fact you haven't had sleep.

You yawned and walked out of the house. You got inside your car and began to drive towards work. Were you excited? No. You never were when you worked here. You did have enjoyment when you reform patients here, but it's tiring.

Soon enough, you had arrived at the asylum. You left your car and entered the building. A sigh left your lips as you wall down the quiet halls. You were the earliest worker and one of the few who left last. It bothered you a lot because of that.

You arrived at Sam and Mack's room. You walked inside and sat down behind the barrier.

"It's far too early for questions, you know that, right?" Mack stated with annoyance. He messed around with Sam's hair since he was resting on his leg.

"I'm not here for that," you responded. The questions would show up tomorrow, as these kinds of patients can lose their already lost mind.

"Then, what for?" Moon wondered.

"Just wanted to know you both better so that it makes it easier to understand you," you answered. You were genuinely wondering about their personalities and how they typically acted or anything like that.

Moon stayed silent, thinking about what to do. Then he spoke, "Sure. I'll answer for Sam and I since he's sleeping right now."

You nodded and then began to ask questions that you were curious about. "Do either of you have fears that I shouldn't bring up?"

"Sam's scared of needles, the dark, and loud noises. I'm scared of spiders and being tied up or locked away. We both have attachment issues," he said.

"Is that why you both freaked out when you were taken from the other?" Although you already knew the answer, you wanted it to be confirmed.

Moon simply nodded. Then he asked a question to you. "What about you? Do you have any fears?"

You silently hopped they wouldn't end up using this against you. "I do. I have the fear of being forgotten, insects, and yelling." Whether the yelling was toward you or someone else, you were still scared of it, but you have mostly learned to ignore it. It does still bother you sometimes, though.

Mack nodded. He seemed to understand, but then again, you couldn't know.

"Moon, would it be alright if I entered the room?" The question seemed to shock Mack.

"Enter the room? With us, Insane monsters?" Mack asked in return. A tone of insanity filled his voice, yet you weren't worried by it. You nodded, which had him speak again. "I'd be surprised if you went along with it."

A small chuckle left your mouth. Then, you carefully opened the door and walked inside. Moon carefully grabbed Sun and backed away into a corner. You noticed and stopped moving inside the room. Instead, you sat down where you were. He then moved oh so slightly closer.

"I won't hurt you. I will promise that to you and Sun," you said with a little smile.

He didn't say much of anything. All he did was nod.

°•°•°•

"Y/N! What the hell are you doing!" Lee, one of the other workers that works with "highly insane" people, yelled from the other side of the translucent wall. "You've been told so many fucking times to not engage in conversations that aren't the nessessary questions!"

You tensed slightly at the yelling. Lee didn't care. They just kept yelling at you. Sam soon began to wake up, hearing the yelling. Your eyes darted around the room, not landing on anything in particular.

You didn't notice Sam stand up and walk to the barrier. He placed his hands on the wall and just smiled. It was a threatening smile. You knew that, but... why did it make you feel so... odd? It's almost like you wanted to see it more.

"You better back away before I make sure all three of you pay. One way or another," Lee threatened. They didn't scare you. It was the yelling that had.

You let out a small sigh when you realized the yelling had stopped. You stood up and brushed off dust that wasn't even there. You then walked toward the door, but before you left, you paused. You turned around and quickly ran over to Mack, giving him a hug. He didn't know how to respond, so he shyly returned the hug. Once you let go, you walked to Sam, giving him one as well. He gave a similar response. It just wasn't shy.

Lee gave you a glare as you walked out. "What? I don't see the problem with this."

"You remember what we work as, right?" Lee asked with a snarky tone.

"Yeah, I do," you answered. "Clearly, you don't remember. Because we are here to help reform them. Not destroy them, and rid them of their humanity."

You then walked away. You walked to Daniel's office and talked to him.

"Dan, I'm leaving early," you said abruptly.

"Why's that, Y/N?" The statement you said shocked him, but he remained straight faced.

"I just can't do it today. Besides, it is almost time for everyone to leave anyway," you said with a shrug.

"Alright, but you know I have to put a consequence on you," he paused. He thought of one. "If you leave right now, then Lee will care for Sam, and Jackson cares for Mack tomorrow."

"Fuck that!" Daniel was shocked you yelled. "Those two hurt the people they look after! So no!"

"But, you want to leave early, don't you?" Daniel raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, but -" you began but was cut off immediately.

"Then, you either stay here, or you have them care for Sam and Mack tomorrow," he gave you a decision.

You stood there, thinking of what to do. Then, you had your answer.

Heya!
Do you want to know what Y/N's response is? Well, you'll find out.

Anyways! I hope you have a great Day/Night/Evening, my fellow weirdos!

1056 Words