☆Chapter Eight☆

Enjoy

They looked confused. "What do you mean?"

"Don't worry about it, you two..." you said with a saddened voice.

Sam then looked as though a light bulb went off in his head. "We... Mack, didn't we have to care for kids named Nik and Jayla?"

Instead of Moon responding, you respond. "Yeah... you did... the same day you were brought here..."

They both had widened eyes and looked at each other, then to you. You had turned away from them to hide the tears in your eyes. You refused to let them see you cry, not like this.

Sun then hugged you tightly. "Sorry..."

You let out a small brief chuckle. "Remember when you said you never saw the parents' reactions? Well, you've seen mine..."

Moon also joined the hug. The two hugged you tightly and didn't let you go. Well, that was until Vanessa walked into the room.

"Y/N, we have a small problem," she said with a nervous face.

Sam and Mack let you go, and you all looked at her. You asked, "What do you mean 'problem'?"

"Well,IwasjustgoingtogocheckonPenny,butwhenIcheckedonherIsawthattheglasshadbeenbrokenandnowIcan'tfindPennyanywhereandIfearthatshe'scomingtofindyounow," she spoke in one quick breath. She inhaled deeply after.

"Slow down, Ness. Speak slower, please," you said. You were nervous as the only thing you caught was Penny's name.

"Well,I was just going to go check on Penny, but when I checked on her I saw that the glass had been broken and now I can't find Penny anywhere and I fear that she's coming to find you now," she slowed down what she said.

You jumped to your feet immediately, startling Sun and Moon. "No! She's not searching for me yet! Do you not remember when I told her the threat she gave Dan?!"

"Shit," Vanessa mumbled.

You and her ran out of the room, you say a quick bye to Sun and Moon. The two of you ran towards Daniel's office.

Sam and Mack's room is quite the distance away from Dan's office. Both of you had to stop running for a small minute, but you knew you needed to not stop. You made eye contact with Vanessa and panicked even more.

You stood back up and fully caught your breath. Then, you just went for it. You ignored the pain that went through your legs, and the worry in your mind just made you run quicker.

You got to the door and saw it was still closed. You had small hope that he was fine. Vanessa's pants that sounded from behind you made you sure she had caught up. You looked at her, indirectly asking if she's okay. She nodded slowly.

You nodded in understanding and slowly went to the door. You grabbed the handle and began to turn it. But it was locked. You were filled with worry once again.

You fumbled around in your pocket and found your key. You used it to unlock the door. Vanessa stood right next to you with the same worry with you.

The door was opened, and you and Vanessa stood there with horror written on your face.

"Oh god..."

Heya!
Are you confused about what they saw? The next chapter will say what it was.

Now then, have a great Day/Night/Evening, my fellow weirdos!

545 Words