Hope

~~~~~Back In The Present~~~~~~

Arjun was panicking.........wait no scratch that he was having a panic attack.

'Wow! Cool.' Would you look at that, having a panic attack in an Era where no one was even aware of their existence. Cool......will there ever be something he won't suck at? Oh! No need to answer that question it is rhetoric. And well Arjun's always been a self aware person.

Thus, he came to the conclusion that he pathetically atrociously sucked at any and everything in the whole insipid universe. Oh! Heavens above, when would he stop this? Can he not, for once in his immortal life not mess something up? Were Gods not supposed to be infallible? But no he had to be the exception to that rule as well.

Before Arjun could continue the mess that were his thoughts a sweet melody invaded and broke (thank God, literally) his chain of thoughts.

"Parth..........love." came Krishn's voice as mesmerizing as ever.

And that was when Arjun knew he had lost the plot or marbles whatever suits your fancy but well given the rules of grammar.......no wait he's going off track......wait when was he on track....as tracks had not been invented yet....No stop!

Right something was wrong, no surprise there when was anything ever right in his life, since Krishn would never address him as such. Nope, and he absolutely did not want to be addressed as such. Nope!

Krishn sighed a sigh of relief or exhaustion he himself could not distinguish. Millennium had passed yet his Parth remained the same. It was exhilarating as mush as it was exhausting. These circumstances were not the ones he had expected their reunion to be under. But well.........it is all fine. Or at least that was what he tried to delude himself with.

"Might I?" came Krishn's melodious voice, oh in the name of all that is sweet why did the man had to be so ...........Krishnish. No fair.

Wait he asked something. Upon drawing the conclusion that his (Ha! If only) Madhav awaited a response Arjun nodded his head without even knowing what Krishn was asking for. It is his Madhav after all.

Seeing that he had attained his Parth's permission. Krishn slowly, as to not frighten the already panicked teen, took his Parth's face within his one hand and started running soothing circles on his Parth's back with the free one.

All while whispering sweet reassurances in his Parth's ears. It wasn't anything new actually even before they had become Gods (especially before that) his Parth's feeling sometimes caused his Parth to go well ............you get the memo.

Anyways he has more important stuff to be worried about than be lost in his ponderings of the past long done and dusted.

With that he refocused his attention on the sole worthy being in existence. Fortune seems to favor him as his labor yielded results. He watched with unabashed joy as the archer's breath gained some stability not the wreck they were before. But his stability of mind was still under question.

"Madhav....?" Though the words were intended as a statement it had a questioning edge to it.

"Hmmm. Yes, Parth it is me." Came the reply. Voice steady as ever as if they were teens again. Thinking of plans far beyond them. As if they had the whole world within their grasp. Not the time for it! Arjun reminded himself. Not that there was ever any time for it.

"What are you doing here?" subtle as ever Arjun, and with that level of annoyance in his voice Arjun would not blame Krishn is he secretly cursed him. Heavens, he was surprised they were still friends after all this time.