Let Them Go

"Declaring the third Prince as the greatest archer of all time? Is that not a mockery to all others practitioners of this art?"

"Child! You dare challenge a Prince of Hastinapur?"

"Is the Prince so privileged that he can not  be bothered to respond to a challenge issued to his own self?"

"Child! You do not have the status required for a battle to be fought between you and the Prince!"

"Then give me some moments if not a full battle!"

Debates were heard as the Prince Duryodhan declared this newcomer as the King of Ang in order to give him a status required for a fight between the newcomer and the third Prince.

And that was how utter and total chaos descended in the ceremony for the formal introduction of the Princes of Hastinapur. 

(One that was only spurred on when Queen Kunti fainted.)

But Arjun heard neither the chaos nor the madness of the crowd. His ears kept ringing of clanking of metals, metals of swords yet to be drawn. 

His nose filled with the blood of those yet to be born and those who were already  born. 

His heart was banging against his chest so loud he was shocked he could even hear the ringing in his ears. Mahabharat was to begin.

It's major players all in one spot. The ones whose rights were violated the sons of Pandu. The sons of Gods themselves, the Pandavs 

(What a fancy name for children forced to fill shoes too big to be filed by them and later adults made to bear responsibility of what could never had been anything else. Alas, not even Gods can change what is to happen. How could they?)

The evil incarnate, the selfish Kauravs the ones who were lead by Duryodhan the evilest of them all. 

(What other title would time bestow on children who were never made to understand what they wanted was not a blessing but a curse made of the sweetest poison. A child who only wanted the affections of his father not the envy his father displayed as he looked upon those who were supposed to be his cousins. After all was that child not doing exactly what they were told to? Was it really a violation if it was all you have been taught to do? Is it the wrong choice when you didn't even know that you had a choice at all?)

Pitamaah Bheeshm, who didn't choose the correct side even when he could have.

 (But did he really have a choice? Having choices and the right to choose is rarely ever the same. Was he not just someone made to bear the fualts and circumstances that were so beyond his hands that he could only watch as all he cared all he loved was burning up in flames. Made to bear the blessing of a mother that turned into a curse. For who  else would history ask other than the ones who could never answer?)

Guru Dron the one who forfiet his most beloved student blinded by his loyalty to an already drowning ship's captain. The one who taught all right but never learnt it himself. 

(But is it really something he could do about? Did he not teach both set of brothers? Was he not just hurt by his friend? Was he not just trying to care for his students? Was it even his choice when his friend the one he was bound to follow had taken a choice that was not even a choice?)

The the King and Queen, Dritrashtra and Gandhari. The ones who were so lost in love for their own children that they did not see the pain other children were going through. One who got it all only to loose it all and one who cursed a whole dynasty, cursed a God.

 ( Were they really to be blamed for being so close to the fire when all they were trying to do was to douse it? Living in the shadow of his own brother was he really to be blamed if he began to feel he had no identity other that? The weight of a crown made not of gold and silver but of broken relationships, stolen rights, oaths taken, blood and tears. The burden of a family that was broken too much time be fixed. Was it really their fault?)