Prologue

A/N: New book and I hope you all like it. If you want, you can vote and comment. It's incredibly encouraging and it makes writing more fun, in my opinion. It's not a must though.

--

"He will take care of you during the war, Doll," he says as he looks deep into my eyes. His eyes show me all his love and all the feelings he has for me. "I'm going to miss you." I say as my eyes fill with tears. "I know I will miss you too. But I'll write you as many letters as I can and you fill my mind with thoughts of you," he replies and a slight smile is on his lips.

"Now we have to go back to our rooms," he says after a while and takes my hand in his. I can feel his warmth, but my chest feels like there is a big stone on it. I can feel his thumb stroking my hand and he tries his best to reassure me. A bit like this, because we both know that joining the army is a risk. But I know it's his wish, and who am I if I don't let him?

We walk down the small street, the moon the only light in this dark night. The music from the party for the army is just a small whisper in my ears. "I love you so much. I'm scared." I whisper as Bucky opens the door. His eyes are fixed on me. His smile has faded for a moment and I can see the same fear in his eyes that I feel. "I love you too, Doll. Don't be scared, please. I can't go to the army if I'm not sure you're okay," his voice breaks a little as he speaks. I just nod.

I know that. The only thing he wants is to see me happy and laughing. We have talked so many times about his dream of becoming a soldier. He works so hard for it, but every time I think about the war, there is a big stone in my chest. The thought of what will happen if he dies in the war makes my eyes water.
"I'm sorry. I know, but you know." I say, not really knowing what else to say. He nods and opens the door wider so I can go in, he follows me and closes the door behind us.

In the living room I can see Steve. "Hey buddy, we're back." says Bucky, smiling a little. Steve turns to face us. "So can we eat?" he asks and we nod. "I'm hungry." the little man says and stands up. Bucky and I laugh. "You're so small, but you eat for three," I say and follow him and Bucky into the kitchen.

"You're the best." I hear Bucky say as he sees the food on the table. "I know." says Steve proudly and sits down. I look at the table and what I see is my favourite food. "You're really cooking for us?" I ask as I sit down and start eating. "Yeah, I was bored," he says laughing.

--

"Are you sure?" I ask, resting my head on Bucky's chest. I hear his voice and try to come down. I've been crying the whole time since dinner. Bucky's hands caress my back and he kisses my head as I can't stop crying. "I know. You don't have to say that," I reply to my question. "You know, I'd rather stay here with you, but they need me there," he tries to help me, but the only thing I feel is missing.

I will miss him. I miss him now and I will miss him until he comes back and I can feel his soft lips on mine. Until I can lie on his chest and listen to his heartbeat. I will miss him, our conversations. I can't wait for him to come back. To feel his arms around my body and talk about all his experiences.

"Let's try to sleep," he says gently, kissing my head once more. I'm almost asleep, all the tears making me so tired. "Good night, doll. I love you and will always love you." "Mmm, I love you too." I say half asleep. He laughs a little and then hugs me tighter to his chest.

--

"See you around, mate." says Bucky as he hugs Steve, who is also crying. "Don't do anything stupid. And look after her until I get back." Steve nods. "How can I? You take all the stupid with you." Steve replies and Bucky laughs a little. "Yeah, you got that right."

After a moment of silence, Steve and Bucky nod and then my boy turns his face to me. "Yeah, yeah. I'm not going to do anything stupid. And I'll take care of our little runt." Bucky looks at me and can't help laughing.

I love the way he laughs, his eyes start to shine like the sun in the day or the stars and moon at night. He walks towards me and hugs me tightly. "I'm going to miss you so much. But you know, I love you so much," he says as he looks into my eyes. Those beautiful blue eyes that make me happy just looking at them.

"I will miss you like the stars miss the sun in the morning sky," I sing into his chest as I press my face against his chest. He pushes me away a little, but his arms are still around my body. It's the only way he can see my face. "I love the moments you sing, I could hear that every time." "Don't say that. We both know it: I can't sing."

For a while he presses my body against his, then takes my face and kisses me passionately. We run out of breath and try to breathe normally as his forehead leans against mine. "I love you so much." he whispers. "I love you too," I say.

"I'll see you." says Bucky as he waves his hand and smiles slightly at us. Steve's arm is on my shoulders as I stop myself from crying again and we both wave our hands as well. After a while I can't see Bucky anymore and that's the moment I start to cry. And if I could, I would scream, but I can't. I just stand next to Steve and cry. He pulls me into a hug as he strokes my back.

"I miss him like the stars miss the sun in the morning sky." I sing again.