Chapter 3

"Wake up, we're here." Steve shakes me a little as I slowly open my eyes. Tired, I look at him and try to keep my eyes open. The sun shines through the small window and into my face. "Five minutes more sleep." I mumble as I put my head to the side and close my eyes again. "Get up or I'll get a glass of cold water."

After a moment I open my eyes and look to Steve who comes to me with a glass of water. "Okay, I'll get up. But please don't do the 'I'll throw cold water on your face' act." I say and slowly stand up.

"Give me some room, midget. I need to stretch." As Steve takes a step to the side, I stretch a little and then stand in front of him. My eyes up so I can look at him, I smile and walk towards the door of the plane. "Are you coming or shall I take that glass of water from you?" I ask with a laugh. He quickly shakes his head and follows me.

"Get up, we want to go to the cinema today. And if you don't get up, I'll come with a glass of cold water," I say as Steve lies in bed and turns to the other side. He mumbles something, but he talks into his pillow and goes back to sleep.

For a few minutes I stand next to his bed and try to convince him to get up so we don't miss the film. But Steve continues to sleep.

"Come on, let's get some water." says Bucky, standing in the doorway watching me. I nod and walk towards him. Before I walk through the door, I stand on my toes and kiss his soft lips.

Then I go into the kitchen and fill a glass with cold water. Bucky stands behind me and puts his arms around my waist. "If he doesn't get up, then just you and I might as well go to the movies." He whispers in my ear and a pleasant tingling sensation spreads across my skin. "You know he'll be pissed then and we both know we need someone to throw popcorn around with," I say laughing.

Bucky takes a step backwards. I turn to him and kiss him before we walk back to Steve's room. "I could get used to this many kisses from you in the space of a few minutes." "You always get some." I say as I stand next to Steve's bed and slowly dump the glass over his head.

"Ahh, that's cold!" The blond exclaims and sits up quickly. He looks to us as Bucky and I stand beside him laughing. "Are you going to get dressed? We want to go to the cinema." asks Bucky, looking at Steve who nods quickly. "We can go to the cinema in a minute." replies Steve and gets up to get dressed.

As we stand in front of the plane, the sun blinds me and I try to give my eyes some protection from the light with the help of my hand. I recognise the others standing next to me and Nick standing in front of us.

"Welcome to Romania. Before we discuss what to do, we will be driven to a hotel, the limousine should arrive here in a few minutes. You will then have half an hour to move your things into your rooms and then we will meet and discuss the plan to capture the Winter Soldier." Nick explains as everyone listens carefully. We all nod in agreement that we understand and he turns a little to the side to check on the limousine.

"How about something to eat? I'd love a pancake already, or would you prefer pasta? Maybe a pizza too." I think about it and then look questioningly at Nick. "There will be food there, but probably something simpler than pizza." he explains. "Please, not that food they always have in the canteens. Except in the Tower, I think that's the only canteen where the food is edible," I say and watch a big limousine coming towards us.

The limousine comes closer and closer and when it stops a few metres in front of us, I stand there and just stare at the huge car. "I can get used to luxury like this if it looks the same on the inside as it always does in those films," I say and hear Steve sigh beside me. "What?" I ask him as I turn to face him. "I just remember too well the films we saw with those limousines," he explains, looking at me with a slight smile.

I slam my fist against his arm because I know exactly what he's getting at with that statement. Those films, those limousines in the films, two boys and a girl who has her period at that exact moment.

"Are you ok?" Bucky asks, looking at me worriedly as I curl up on the sofa. "Do I look a little like that? My stomach hurts and I'm bleeding to death." I say loudly and look angrily at my friend. He swallows hard and walks back into the kitchen where Steve is standing.

"How long do you think her mood stays like this?" the blonde asks, hiding in the kitchen after a few minutes of me grumbling about dust, a hair, or the carpet being too long. "I don't know, sometimes she has mood swings within seconds," Bucky replies.

After a few minutes of listening to the two of them discuss a solution to put me in a better mood, I clear my throat. There is silence for a moment and then two heads peek through the kitchen door. "I can hear you guys. And I could all the time, so if you need a way for me to be in a better mood, I need chocolate, movies, chocolate, movies, gummy bears, blankets, chips and someone to cuddle with," I say and roll back in.

The two of them discuss something, then they run around the flat like mad. In no time I have five blankets, ten packs of chocolate, two bags of gummy bears, a selection of different films and my boyfriend next to me. Steve is also sitting next to us and looks just as questioning as Bucky.

"That one." I say and point to a film showing a limousine and a bride and groom. Quickly Bucky turns on the film. Meanwhile, I lay down under the blankets and place the sweets under the blankets as well.

Bucky lies down next to me, as does Steve and they look back at me. "Thanks, you guys are the best," I say and smile. Then the film starts and I eat one packet of the sweets after the other. I even share with the two boys.

After a while, a bride and groom are seen in a limousine. The woman is slim and wears a white dress that fits her body perfectly. I stare at her while she drinks a glass of champagne and smiles at her husband.

Suddenly I start to cry and startled and worried Bucky looks at me. "What's wrong, Doll?" he asks as I wipe the tears from my cheek. I lift the blanket and show the empty packs of sweets. "That's no reason to cry, we'll get you some more," he says reassuringly but I shake my head.

"I'll get fat because I ate too much of it and then I'll never fit into a dress like that and even the limo will be too small for me." I say crying and looking at Bucky and Steve who have to stifle their laughter. "Mood swings can be really embarrassing and really stupid sometimes," I mutter as I crawl under the covers.

"Doll, you always look beautiful, even when you're not that slim. It's not about conforming to society's ideal, it's about pleasing yourself. And I think you are beautiful. No one can keep up with you and even if you don't always think you're perfect, all I ever see is this perfect woman in front of me," he says softly and pulls the blanket away to wipe away my tears with his thumb.

That's the moment Steve agrees with him with a nod and I need more chocolate.

Together we walk to the limousine. "What did Steve actually imply?" asks Tony next to me, looking at us questioningly. "Two boys, sweets, limos and a girl on her period at the same time," I summarise briefly. Nat in front of us laughs because she knows her story, Tony contorts his face at the word "period". "Are you contorting your face?" I ask and quickly Tony stops contorting his face as he walks a little faster to the limo.