Chapter 4

After a few minutes we are all sitting in the limousine and the driver drives off. As there is a black window between him and us, you can neither recognise him nor look out of the windscreen. It reminds me of those horror films or police movies where people are told that the limousine is taking them to some event, but actually they are being kidnapped at that moment.

"Okay, guys. Imagine we're being kidnapped right now." I say with more enthusiasm than would be good for my testimony. But I mean, some fun can be had and we all know we're not being kidnapped. Even if that were the case, we would be able to defend ourselves. Except for Bruce, everyone could defend themselves, because if the Hulk doesn't want to be like Bruce, then the scientist can just brag about his science stuff.

I start laughing as the scene goes through my head. The others look at me questioningly. He looks from me to Bruce and then to the window blocking the view to the driver. "And now have fun with the presentation of their ideas." Steve declares and I nod enthusiastically.

While I think about where to start telling the story, I turn my attention to the snacks that are laid out on some kind of table in front of us. I could get used to this luxury.

"Introduce yourselves-" I start, holding my finger over Tony's mouth so he can't start protesting. "Rule one, when she tells you about her ideas, is don't interrupt her. Otherwise you'll be the first to experience something like 'accidentally his pants fall to the floor and his bloomers come out' in the performance." Steve explains and I nod my thanks.

"Where was I? Right, imagine we're about to be kidnapped but we don't know it. And then the doors open. We're suddenly standing in a big hall and there are lots of masked people around us. They all point guns at us and our equipment is in boots. No Tony, we can't kick everyone standing in front of the boot to get our stuff out of the limo," I tell them, while Tony looks at me sceptically and with raised eyebrows.

We stare at each other for a moment until Steve snaps his fingers between us. "Then I'll go on with the story. Then we have the option of trying to fight them all or Bruce manages to talk the Hulk into killing the people. I don't mean kill them, I'm not that brutal," I continue and look at the others who are listening intently. It's like kindergarten, where all the kids sit there and listen. "Bruce then talks to himself, at least that's how it looks to the masked people around us. But Hulk would rather take a nap and then Bruce is standing there shouting. 'Hulk you lousy green bastard.' or 'If I catch you.' I think that would be very amusing. Also because of the masked guys who wouldn't have a clue what's going on with Bruce. And then Bruce brings out his talent: Knowledge with Bruce Banner" I say laughing and the others agree laughing.

"Then we'd have to protect Bruce, or the masked people will run away because they're afraid of his lecture on science," Natasha says and looks apologetically at Bruce, who looks at her with his mouth open. Before he can say anything, the limo brakes and we all fly forward.

While most of us slide just a few inches, Clint's face is seen pressing against the driver's window. "Where did he learn to drive?" the archer complains. As he continues to get upset, I start laughing, and as he looks at me, I start singing the song in my head.

"I believe I can fly, I believe I can touch the windscreen," I sing as Clint rubs his hand over his face. A moment later, the car drives off again and we are further engrossed in our conversation.

--

"I think my ass is going to be flat at some point, like." I reflect, looking around me. "Those chips." I continue to talk as I look in front of me. Steve slaps his hand against his forehead and looks at me. "You shouldn't bang your head too much, it's not that healthy," I explain.

I think he was hoping I wouldn't have words for a moment. But after such a long drive and before that the flight, I am beginning to have no position how to sit. Either I sit leaning to the left, then it pulls at my right side, and if I lean to the right, then it pulls at my left side. So I lean forward, but then my head is too far down and if I lean backwards, my head falls too far and then it is overstretched. So, no matter how I sit, it's uncomfortable. I thought about just leaning over the others, but since most of them are moving, that wouldn't be more comfortable.

"When do we get there?" I ask, starting to intertwine my arms. "Steve." with my best puppy dog eyes I look at him after no one could tell me how long we have to drive. He nods and looks at me smiling. "Can we walk next time?" But before he answers, the limo brakes again and this time I hear the engine shut off. All is quiet as Tony slowly opens the doors and looks where we are before we are stuck in a motorway traffic jam and everyone gets out. But it would also be a funny idea if we didn't realise immediately that we were in the middle of a motorway. But Tony's head is back in the car and he opens the door completely. "We have arrived." he says and gets out as we follow him.

The hotel in front of us is not very big, you can see the stones it was built of and somehow it has something of the past. I smile as I think of it and walk a little closer to Steve, who puts his arm around my shoulder and makes me feel safe.

Together we walk towards the front door and Tony holds the door open for everyone as he makes sure the women and Steve go through first. For whatever reason, Tony always acts like he's the Gentelman and Steve is a woman. Sometimes it's really funny to watch when they try to fight over the door. And that's just so one can hold the door open for the other.

As we stand in the entrance hall, I look around in amazement. From the outside, the hotel looks small, but when you stand inside the building, it looks much bigger. The ceilings are high and it looks like you are in an old castle. There are squiggly signs everywhere.

While we sit down on a couch in a corner, Nick goes to the reception and talks to the clerk there. It looks like the clerk nods with every word Nick says.

"Do you think the Winter Soldier is really as he is described?" I ask, turning to the others. "He's an assassin who has murdered more people than most serial killers," Wanda says. I nod thoughtfully. "But what if he's actually nice?" "And he kills people then, because?" asks Tony, looking at me with raised eyebrows. I shrug my shoulders and lean back.

A/N: I don't know if I should hate or like this book. But I try to write this book and then I will see if it's good or bad. :)