Chapter 2

Inspiration and Motivation. The two things I personally can't function without. Normally those two sound as if they are the same, but in reality they are way different. But at this moment, I needed both inspiration and motivation to get out of bed.

Simple Mondays, the worst day of the week after Sundays. Even though it was the last week of school before summer, I still hated Mondays.

I turned off my alarm calmly, even though I'd prefer to throw my phone against the wall. I laid still and stared up at the blank ceiling taking in a deep, long breath.

"Come on Jasmine it's the last Monday of June (hopefully) that you'll be getting up" I said trying to motivate myself. I checked the time on my phone.

6:40 AM. Shit! It took me 10 minutes to convince myself to get out of bed. Ariana would kill me if I was late to school on the last week.

I quickly jumped out of bed and rushed to the shower. After 10 minutes I was finished and went towards my closet to pick out something to wear. Probably the hardest decision of the day. There was either me being comfortable or me looking good. Why couldn't there be a combination of both in my closet.

"Ughh" I groaned as I flipped through the hangers in my closet to find something. After almost giving up, I found a black T-shirt from Victoria's Secret that said "#OOTD". It looked comfortable and decent so I rushed to put it on along with light blue jeans with rips in them. 

I checked the time to see if I still had enough time to get ready before I got late. I didn't know which would be worse for Ariana. Being late or not being ready. 

6:58 AM. Okay great I still had a lot of time. But that didn't stop me from rushing. Rushing to do something to my hair, which I had washed last night but didn't have time to fully dry. I blow dried it a little and straightened the roots real quick while my curling wand warmed up. It was either wasting 20 minutes straightening my nest of hair or 10 minutes curling it. I being who I was, took the easy way out.

After that I applied on mascara carefully not trying to get it all over my eyelids before I ended up looking like a panda. Lastly I threw on some powder and was ready to go.

"Just one last week Jasmine," I said grabbing my backpack and car keys. This means that one more week until I can dedicate my full time to doing absolutely nothing at all, just as I had already been doing every single weekend. I mean don't get me wrong, I don't like school. But at the same time, I don't like doing nothing all the time. 

I walked out of the front door and headed towards my car parked in front of the house. I noticed the house across ours was surrounded by U-Haul trucks. I assumed they were moving out and was glad. I never liked those neighbors anyways.

Once I arrived to school the day went by pretty fast, even though all the classes were trash.

"What's up with you today?" Ariana asked as we patiently waited for our bagels to be ready at the Donuts shop across our school. It was the go to spot during lunch. Literally, everyone would be here.

"I don't know I guess I'm just tired." I replied. 

"Cheer up Jasmine, we have like a couple of days left until school is over!" she replied.

"Yeah true. How was class? Did Javier try hitting on you like usual?" I asked while grabbing my bagel. 

"Oh god don't talk about him he's so annoying" She replied grabbing her bagel.

"Speak of the devil, here he comes," I said taking a bite from my bagel.

Ariana groaned. She was a nice person so it was kind of hard for her to straight up tell Javier to fuck off, but since I was the mean one, I had no problem saying it.