Chapter 4-

Levys POV

It was getting pretty dark oustide as the sun began to set over the horizon, Gajeel still wasnt back yet and it had been two days since he left, i couldn't lie and say i wasnt worried about him because i always worried when he was off on a job.

I decided to run a bath to calm my nerves, As i stepped in and soaked my body i hummed to myself, enjoying the silence. I grabbed my favorite book at the moment and began to read from where i left off at.

It wasnt long before i stepped out and wrapped myself in a towel, hearing the door open and the soft chatter of Gajeel and Lilly as they entered the house, I sighed in relief and poked my head out to greet them "How was the trip?" I asked them as i walked down the hallway, stopping in my tracks when i saw a bruised and battered Gajeel standing before me "What happened?"I asked, running over to them and reaching up to touch his face "Its nothin." He lied, he simply grabbed me and hugged me tightly "It's not nothing, you are all cut up "I said, clearly upset by what i saw, Gajeel smirked at me and held up a bag of money "does this make it better?"He asked, I grunted angrily and hit his shoulder "No! It doesnt!"I yelled out in frustration at him.

He simply chuckled and placed one hand on the small of my back, pulling me in for another hug "Did ya have a good time while i was gone?"He asked, I just nodded slowly and pressed myself against his chest, feeling immense comfort from his presence "I wouldnt say it was eventful." I mumbled, burying my face in his chest and taking in his scent which wasnt the greatest but it was him and thats all i needed to feel okay again.

"You should probably dress, Miss Levy." Lilly mentioned, snapping me out of my trance and gripped my towel's tighter "Oh gosh, im sorry! I forgot" I said quickly running to the bedroom to change.

___________

Gajeels POV

I followed Levy into the bedroom where she went to change into some clean clothes, I retrieved some clothes for myself and took the red bandana out of my hair, also removing my robe and boots, I sat on the bed undoing my belt when Levy came out. I turned my gaze to her and admired the beautiful woman infront of me, my eyes may have lingered a little longer than she liked because I could see the redness starting to form in her cheeks, causing me to smile more at her "Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked, stepping over to me and wrapping her arms around my neck loosely, I let my hands travel up her legs and rest on her butt. "You're gorgeous, Lev." I whispered, never taking my eyes off hers.

"Whatever, I'm just wearing my pajamas." She said, averting her gaze to the ground to hide to shyness that had come over her, I lifted her chin with one finger and placed my lips on hers, my other hand squeezing her butt just enough to get a giggle out of her "You should take a shower, ill clean up your wounds when you get out." Levy said, running her finger along the deepest of the cuts that went across my shoulder. I nodded, knowing she wasnt going to ever stop worrying about every scratch and bruise on my body.

________

I finished my shower and stood infront of the mirror, a towel wrapped tightly around my waist as Levy stood on a step stool behind me, wrapping my shoulder and arms in bandages, I couldnt help but stare at her reflection in the mirror as she worked to bandage me up securely. "Lev.." I mumbled, she didnt look up but she raised her eyebrows to indicate that she was listening to me "I love you." I finished, watching as she looked up into the mirror to meet my gaze, shooting me a tired smile "I love you too."She mumbled softly, finishing up the last bandage and resting her chin on my unharmed shoulder "And our family." I added, reaching around to hold her hand in mine, I noticed her eyes beginning to get glossy and a tear starting to form. She hid her face in the crook of my neck and held me tightly, i could feel the warm moisture of her tears as they fell onto my skin.

Later on that night i laid with my head in Levys lap, she was deeply invested in her newest book, she gently ran her fingers through my hair unconsciously as she did so, I laid silent with my eyes closed, enjoying the pure bliss of the moment, hearing the taps from the guest bedroom as Lilly finished up a small workout routine he has been trying to keep up with.

I wouldnt rather be doing anything else in the world than what im doing right now, relaxing with my wife in our home.