Chapter Four

Chapter Four-

My mind was in utter shock. This was the same man as before, but I thought it must be impossible; there was simply no way. Why would he follow me home or leave me notes, or even resort to such measures? I'm sure if he's as wealthy as they are making him out to be, then he wouldn't waste his time on a girl like me. I couldn't deny that he isn't attractive, and judging by his popularity, he would seem like he could get any girl he wanted.

The man on stage kept uttering words and finally spoke up in the microphone once more. I would like to welcome the very owner of our company Mr. Dragneel to present this award, and from behind me I could hear the squeals from girls. I couldn't put my mind set that this was that man. Maybe it isn't, I'm probably just losing my mind or imagining things.

I saw him take an envelope and he began to pull out a paper from it. He took the microphone from the announcer and glanced back at his paper once more before speaking.

"And employee of the year award goes to..Miss Heartfilia!" I was taken back by the words. Even while knowing it was coming, hearing him say my name gave me chills. I weakly stood up making my way to the stage trying to calm myself.

It's okay, I figured. I just need to walk up, thank him and the announcer and simply sit back down. As I finally reached the steps up the the stage, I felt a pair of eyes watching my movements. They had a certain expression in them and I could tell exactly what it was,

Lust.

It made me feel sick by the time I was only a mere five feet from him now, his eyes still scanning every part of my body.

"Congratulations" he spoke handing the award off to me. I opened my mouth to reply but I suddenly felt the need to leave and began making my way back to my table, not even giving him a thanks.

"Wait!" I heard the announcer say stopping any further steps I had intended.

"We forgot to mention to you that not only are you receiving this award as well as a bonus, but here at our company, we always want the best satisfaction to our employees!"

Oh no.

"You have recieved the opportunity to get to know the top elite in our very own company with a dinner! Can't get more exciting than that, am I right?"

Oh yes.

That's exactly how it is. Just as I had been beginning to think my bad luck was actually over. However, as I was mourning, I felt a presence lurk up from behind me and whisper quietly in my ear.

"I'll be looking forward to our dinner dear, I'll see you outside in a few minutes." Shortly after I could hear a chuckle escape his lips as he made his way around me and back down the stairs.

What am I supposed to do, I continuously asked myself. There was no way in hell I would be accompanying the likes of him to dinner. Although I wasn't sure if it was the same man, I could certainly say now it was. The same man at the bus stop and the same man who followed me home.

I didn't know what to do. I was to go out accompanying the head of the company I worked for, no complaints and no resisting. Any actions that go against this would lead to suspicion that I'm insane and possibly even end with my termination. My eyes swelled up with water but I held my breath trying to hold them back.

There was only one way out of this. I could go through the back door where no one could spot me leaving. It's perfect, and if anyone asked tomorrow, I could just announce that I hadn't been feeling well.

I walked over to my table and picked up my purse and other belongings. My fellow coworkers began congratulating me and the female ones ether winked or rolled their eyes at me.

Afterwards, I slowly began backing up while no one was looking and burst through the back door of the building.

"Finally, I'm free." I sighed in relief and slid down the building wall till I was completely sitting down. My happiness felt short lived however, as I heard a certain familiar voice speak up in front of me...

"Oh, I thought I might find you here."

My mouth gaped. He had known this whole time I would try to escape. Had I just gone through the front door, I wouldn't have run into him.

"There's no trying to run away from me sweetie."

"DON'T call me that!" I screamed attempting to get his presence away from me. I wasn't even scared at this point, but furious. However, my efforts were prevailed as he began walking closer to me.

"No! Get back! What do you want from me?!" He stopped walking and began to laugh as if my statement was some joke to him.

"It's not that I want something from you my lovely, it's simply that I want you. Would you give me that?"

***WARNING***

The next chapter may contain scenes which may not be appropriate for young viewers.