04. " 𝐃𝐚𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐬? "

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

[ 2nd Person POV ... ]

Ava dragged you [ rather forcefully ] into the bathroom, shutting the door behind you as her thoughts ran wild. She eventually let go of your now sore wrist, in favor of splashing cold, refreshing water on her face as if in an attempt to wake up. You simply leaned your back against the door as you remained silent, reality really beginning to kick in for the both of you.

"T- this is a dream, right? This is some kind of, sexy dream I'm having right now that is just ... stupidly weird and informative!" She said with a dry laugh, and you let out a sigh at her rambling, "Mmmm, yeah so that has the same likelihood as you getting a job, and us having the special ability to communicate telepathically seeing as we're having this conversation right now," You said sarcastically, to which the short girl nodded, her agitation evident before only having processed your words after your shoulders began to shake from laughter.

"Oh shut up, [Y/n]!"

You gave her a weak smile, which faded and lead to Ava's panicking recurring, "There's no way in heck I've been good enough for Jesus to drop some hot demon guys at my front door-" She abruptly cut herself off. "Wait.. maybe it wasn't Jesus who dropped them at my front door. They're demons." You mentally face-palmed at this, closing your tired eyes. Mhmm, I'd think that became fairly obvious by now, but aight. Or they're Daemos, or whatever...

"It was-" Ava gasped, her hands raising to cup her face as she stared aimlessly, "Okay okay, think smart Ava. You are outnumbered here," She started as she leaned against the sink, searching the pockets of her pink sweatshirt. "And my phone.. has gone off somewhere. Those guys probably took it."

You raised an eyebrow skeptically at her assumption, "Really? Ava, if they really are from this 'other world' as they claim to be, I'd say they don't even know what a phone is, let alone how to use it. They wouldn't even know you could communicate through such devices."

Ava's shoulders slumped, as she knew that you were right as usual [ though she wasn't about to admit that to your face ]. "There's.. no way they're actually real demons, right?"

"Daemos." You correct, opening one eye to look at her.

"Yeah. They're probably just some.. optical illusion on me or something-! Maybe even drones!" Ava went on, ignoring your comment.

You let out a defeated sigh, and just as you did, Ava's eyes brightened as an idea came to mind. She grabbed hold of your wrist, pulling you outside the bathroom as you were unable to escape from her tight grasp.

Ava's opened the door to reveal all five daemos standing ─ some more patiently than others ─ as they waited for the two to come out. "Okay. We can help you guys." You nodded along, "Mh- wait, we can?!" You exclaimed as you processed her words, and she elbowed you roughly in the ribs. "Ow-!"

"You can?" Rhys asked, ignoring the last interaction between you and the female. "Yes! We can," She replied rather pointedly, "In fact, I know the perfect people who can help you."

"Other... humans?" Pierce asked, hesitation evident in four out of the five daemos.

"Should we trust this?" Leif asked skeptically, turning his head to Rhys.

"Anything to help us is greatly appreciated," The royal advisor stated calmly.

His trust in the humans seemed to tick Asch off, "Rhys, this is obviously a trap."

"No, I'm going to put my faith in this human female scorcerer" Rhys argued, to which Noi agreed, "Yeah! She and her friend seem like kind humans."

Hearing the two put so much trust in them made you felt a bit guilty inside, having somewhat caught onto Ava's plan ─ or at least, you thought you had. A rough idea, to say the least. It had become clear that she had a plan to rid the apartment of the guys, although you weren't entirely sure as to how.