06. " 𝐀 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭 "

[ not proofread / edited !!! ]

﹒• ʚ 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐏𝐎𝐕 ɞ •﹒

Silence had long fallen over the apartment, the only noise being the faint sounds of the city below. Light poured in and through the floor to ceiling windows. 

All inhabiting the high rise building remained soundly asleep, even the daemos -- all except for one. 

Asch, severely uncomfortable with where he was made to sleep, sat up. To him, the sofa was much too soft.. oh if only he appreciated the quality more. People such as myself could only dream- ahem, back to the story.

He glanced across the living room. The prince's knights were stationed around the area, both Pierce and Rhys in a sitting position while Noi laid on the tiled floor, Leif leaning crosslegged against the window.

After confirming they all appeared to be still unconscious, he quietly stood up. Making his way to the window, he cast his gaze to the various civilians bustling across the city. 

Whether it be that they were off to work, or going to the park during their day off, there never seemed to be a day where streets wouldn't be littered with humans as far as the eye could see.

"Ugh.." Predictably, Asch soon found himself bored with the sight, walking over to Noi. Whilst being careful as not to wake the lowest ranking of the quintet, he leaned down and unsheathed one of his small daggers.

Soon after, he found himself in front of either human's bedroom door. Now, this was were the hard decisions came in. Which one...

Flashing through his mind came how Y/n had managed to escape them twice too many times for his liking. They knew at least a thing or two about physical combat; that made them too much of a threat.

However there was also the sorceress, Ava; if she were to use her magic against them, seeing how they lack magical energy due to the daemos crisis -- the reason they're here in the first place -- although Asch wouldn't outright admit it she surely had the upper hand.

Asch contemplated the two choices thoroughly, trying to consider what Rhys would perhaps suggest in this situation. After much thought out consideration, he ultimately decided to go with Ava -- when the time comes for it, they could deal with the other human then.

Silently opening the door to the female human's room, he checked once more in case one of the others had awoken since he'd chosen before cautiously entering. The door shutting behind him.

Unfortunately for him, two of his knights had in fact been conscious, the entire time to be precise. For of course, being loyal to his highness the Prince of Daemos, they had adjusted to being rather light sleepers, lest they wish to lose their position in the palace if, say, Asch was to be attacked.