His Wedding Day

Wedding days - I truly, absolutely, positively, certainly despise them, especially if you have been sent an invitation by a friend who hasn't talked to you in years, and not only that, a friend that you once liked and maybe still like.

Shit! I can't think this way anymore. Why do I always do this to myself? He's going to be a married man soon.

Austin and I were the best of friends back in the day. That was until he told me at the age of fifteen when he finally built up his courage and asked out the girl he had been crushing on for a few years.

That's not even the sad part of the story; the depressing part is that the day he told me this, I almost ruined our friendship cause I was about to confess my love to him.

God! Can you even imagine how bad that would have gone?

Wait! I don't even want to imagine it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for him, and I'm not the type who goes ahead and ruins the relationship of a happy couple. I wish that things turned out differently.

"Luana?" Willow calls out my name, bringing me back to reality. "Come on, Lu. we're gonna be late! It's almost six o'clock." Willow looks into the long mirror on the wall, putting on her lipstick.

"Sorry, I guess I got lost in my thoughts. I'm going to be quick." I apologise as I quickly put on my black heels and grab my black clutch bag.

I quickly walk towards Willow, standing beside her as I look at myself in the mirror. "He's going to regret not dating you.", Willow remarks. "Now you're getting too much." I try to say seriously, but in the end, I laugh - causing Willow to giggle, along with me.

Willow and I exit the Uber quickly, thanking our driver as we shut the doors

Willow and I exit the Uber quickly, thanking our driver as we shut the doors. We stand in front of the most luxurious house we have ever seen.

"That bastard could have invited us to the reception.", Willow says as a joke, but I knew deep down she was slightly pissed, and not even for me.

I know how much she loves the luxurious life.

"Shhh, Willow. People are walking by." I look at Willow, wanting her not to speak so loudly.