The Last Bus to Beijing's Fragrant Hills(China)

On November 14, 1995, a dark and possibly stormy night, a young man boarded the last bus heading to Beijing's Fragrant Hills, located in Haidian District.  As they strolled the city he watched the lightening strike across the sky. He remembered a folklore that said the dead visited during such storms. The dark clouds seemed to approach Beijing, it was to be seen if they'd pour.

He looked at the old lady on the other side of the aisle who seemed to be watching and chanting something. Elders were always said to worry too much.
He acknowledged her presence with a short bow. She nodded back.

He smirked absent minded and went back to hoping for abundance of rain.

Shortly after he boarded the route 302 bus, two men tried to wave the bus down. According to the man , the bus driver was initially reluctant to pick up the men because they weren't waiting at a bus stop. However, the driver eventually decided to stop after the conductor reminded him that it was the last bus.

Once the mysterious roadside men were on board, passengers were surprised to see they were wearing some pretty badass Qing Dynasty (1644-1911) robes and that there were actually three men – the third sporting long messy hair, supported by the two roadside creepers.

As the story goes, the men's faces were white as snow and they didn't interact with any other passengers on the bus.
Naturally, commuters were a bit uneasy with the whole situation, but the conductor cooled things over by telling them they were likely actors who had no time to change costumes before leaving work (we can all sympathize with that one).

Gradually, the bus began to empty, according to the tale, until only the old lady and the young man remained inside with the mystery trio.

Slowly the bus began to empty of passengers, until only an old lady and the young man remained inside with the mystery men.
She sat next to the young man and had a quick conversation about her day and what he does and how his day was. They fell silent once again. The old lady looked around uneasy and tensed.
She opened the window at some point, the young man did not complain despite the cold wind hitting him. The wind blew harder till he could not take it anymore.

"Please ma'am, the bite of the wind is harsh," he begged her. She reluctantly shut the window. 
All was quiet until the old woman abruptly accused the man of stealing her wallet – a claim that resulted in an intense argument. The quarrel was resolved when the old lady insisted the pair get off the bus and go to the nearest police station.

Once off the bus, the young man grew enraged with the old woman, realizing he had just got off the last bus and that there was no police station in sight, according to the Global Times' story. Fortunately for the young man, the elderly woman picked up on something he had missed – the three robed men did not have legs and, by default, must have been ghosts.

"The wind coming in from the window raised their robes, and I saw they didn't have feet!" the old lady told the man. The story never does divulge much about what happened to the pair after leaving the bus – but if what happened next was true, then the young man owes his life to the old women.

The following morning the 302 bus was reported missing and, according to some variations of the story, it would be three days until it was found. The bus was eventually recovered in a reservoir miles away from its final destination at Fragrant Hills and inside it were three heavily decomposed bodies – the driver, the conductor and one unidentified body with lengthy, unkempt hair. In some versions of this tale, police found that the gas tank was filled with blood instead of petrol.

According to , an online paranormal and horror blog, there are a number of mysteries that surround this case, including the fact the bus didn't have enough petrol to get to the reservoir and that the bodies were too heavily decomposed for the relatively short time they were missing. The blog also claims that police officers scoured the security footage retrieved from cameras around the reservoir and found nothing out of the ordinary.

Passengers claim that the two men who came in had already murdered the third person. There could have been a possibility that the two murdered the conductor and the driver.
Another story says that a bus was moving slowly along the streets of Fragrant Hills, almost like it was being pushed but whoever was pushing it,  was not seen.