Ruiru mansion (Kenya)

Another Kenyan story ? Yeah. See Kenya isn't famous for haunted places but  this house is something else. Located in East Nairobi, the house is said to host jinis(genies) it's all pronounced the same . The mansion is often blamed for a lot. Misfortunes in the area are all laid on it.

The house is said to have howling noise in the dead of the night mostly at three am .
This  however doesn't stop curious people.
So we went as a group into the house to actually debunk this myth. To be honest it was a horror movie.

The night started off with silence as we settled in. Our recorders and microphones ready to catch any sound, our cameras ready to capture any abnormalities. We sat in the living room that surprisingly still had really expensive couches that were dusty as hell. I must have sneezed like seventy times.

Twelve pm there was nothing, it was just silence. Nothing even tried to jump out and scare us. I was about to call it quits when the recording equipment showed a rise, a sound not louder than a tap was being captured. It was coming from upstairs. We all looked at each other wondering who'd go up to check on it.

The camera was handed to me, we had done this before but I swear the chills I felt  as I took that camera were different.

Up the stairs I went, I looked out for anything out of normal , an open door that was closed or a person in the halls.

I was partnered with a friend to hold the lights for me as we explored this dark and mysterious house. As we stepped on the staircase , our footsteps sounded louder than normal steps.

"Do you feel cold ?" My partner asked me. Well it was starting to get a little cold, in the house mainly. I wasn't worried about the old though it was all the silence upstairs. None of our ghost equipment picked nothing, the wind outside gushed loudly as though warning and pleading for us to stop in our tracks.

We kept moving through the corridor, the darkness embracing us as the light fought it off. Then something happened, someone was throwing rocks at the window. It wasn't as though to break them, it was just small rocks to attract our attention and whoever was calling, had it.
I looked outside the window, nothing, pitch black. Suddenly the house came alive with humming . It was one person then came another voice then another then another. They all hummed one harmony. It was creepy yet so beautiful. A lady in a long skirt and a really vintage skirt walked past us. Nothing happened as we  had stopped in our tracks for a minute or two, we looked at each other. The song kept getting louder and louder as more voices joined in and raised their voices higher and higher singing it with even greater somberness and sorrow. 

Racing down the stairs we found the rest of the team looking for where the voices could have been originating from. The room was now covered in darkness and only specs of light from our cameras on our phones. They then stopped and a new sound came, humming but not rhythmic as the first was. They sounded like they were just growling ,  the darkness wasn't making anything better.  I walked around only to feel a new sensation, a cold breeze  caressing me and a cold hand touching me. I screamed in terror and tried to throw whatever was on me. There was nothing. 

We heard more voices, wailing and weeping, then everything was silent. Someone screamed. That wasn't one of us. It sounded like it came from inside the walls something was on the other side of the wall. We all were facing one direction forgetting that the staircase was behind us. As thought to scare us some more someone started hitting the windows using gravel. I shouldn't have turned to look toward the staircase but I did and what I saw sent fear through my body. The lady in the long skirt was coming down the stairs and she had a huge knife in her hand.