xChapter 33 - The Family Life of Alex Smith

Alex Smith is a guy who always finds himself in the middle of things. Whether it's being the frontrunner of some money-making scheme, a star player in a basketball game, or delivering some cake. Things just happen before he realizes that they are.

And as Alex walks home while carrying the pink tricycle, with his fellow club members joining him in his venture, he realizes that this is one of those moments.

"So how did this happen again?" Alex asks.

"You don't remember? We just talked about it," Elizabeth groans.

"Oh well, you see," Marcus begins to explain, "we were at our club meeting when Elizabeth asked if we should go get tamales at Burrito Bistro, then you declined by saying how your Abuela makes better tamales. Elizabeth got curious and asked if we could all go over and then you agreed."

"Oh...yeah that did happen," Alex realized.

"Well hey, I'm sure your parents would love having guests over," Ronnie suggests.

"That's the funny thing about my house," Alex begins to say as he reaches the front door of his house. The house is a wooden two-story home wedged next to a grocery store and a restaurant. Alex e sets the pink tricycle down before he opens the door, "my parents aren't the only family members of mine that live here."

As the door opens, the rest of the club members feel an overwhelming aura coming from the house. An aura that fills them with fear.

"You coming or what?" Alex asks as he enters his house.

Elizabeth scoffs before replying, "Yeah yeah, sounds good."

Aa Elizabeth enters, Ronnie shrugs before entering, Marcus follows Ronnie inside and after some hesitation, Cameron enters.

__________________

As the group enters the house, they see that the house's front room has a staircase leading to the upstairs, and the kitchen is separated from the rest of the house via a beaded curtain. In the living room are two Hispanic adults who are watching the tv.

"I'm home and I brought some friends," Alex announces.

As soon as those words come out of his lips the two adults sitting on the couch stand up and speedwalk over to them.

"Hi there, we're Alex's parents, I'm Juanita, that's Mateo- Would you like something to drink?- Dinner is almost ready and you're more than welcome to stay- how long have you known our little Chulo," Juanita Smith, Alex's mom, asks the group.

"MOM! I told you not to call me that anymore," Alex hisses while blushing.

"Hey, we're your parents, it's our job to embarrass you," Mateo Smith, Alex's father states.

Juanita nods in agreement. Juanita's black hair is up in a bun and she is wearing a simple white sweater with blue jeans while Mateo has short black hair and is wearing a blue button-up with khakis.

Ronnie goes and extends his hand, "Hi we're Alex's friends from high school, thanks for letting us into your house."

"Oh don't sweat it, kid, we're always happy to have guests over," Mateo roars.

"You guys want to see some baby pictures of Alex?" Juanita asks.

Elizabeth, seizing the opportunity of having blackmail, jumps on the opportunity by replying, "You have no idea."

Juanita and Elizabeth walk towards a couch as Alex tries to regain his composure after the embarrassment. However, the embarrassment soon increases when Mateo drags Marcus into the kitchen and says, "It looks like you need a beer."