THREE

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚 :
food plans

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     THEY WERE UPON a submarine, waiting in a cafeteria type room with four short tables

     THEY WERE UPON a submarine, waiting in a cafeteria type room with four short tables. Jason and Shen May were sitting at the same table, across from each other while Leon stood to the side. Rae sat at the next table over, sitting sideways with her back to the wall and her front facing everything, the door and the people.

     Rae had been trying to calm herself down for the past few hours. And although she thought no one could notice, as they never did before, Leon did. He watched her anxiously as she tapped her fingers against her legs and bit her cheek. He'd have to talk to her later because he wouldn't call her out in front of their co-workers.

   "She's a modified Virginia-class, with an upgraded ASDS onboard." The captain they had been assigned explained as they walked in the U.S. Naval Base. They were currently beside a submarine. A giant, shiny, silver one that looked like a bullet. "We're going to sneak right in under the East Sea Fleet's nose, load your team onto the DS, and launch it. You'll make your rendezvous without them even knowing it."

     The captain had been so excited about the ship. Rae leaned her head back, leaning it against the wall. She breathed out, her eyes opening to look at everyone. It was then that she met Leon's eyes. Rae growers her eyebrows as he raised one. She knew what they look meant; Are you okay? Rae nodded her head slightly.

     Leon straightened his lips, not believing her. He turned to Jason, figuring he could distract Rae from her inner turmoil.

     "Okay, where we at?" Leon broke the silence.

     "All right. Our mission is to infiltrate the bio-research facility and seize any evidence pertaining to the hacking and the viral terrorist attack at the White House." Jason explained. "I'll brief you further when we get to shore."

     "We could just hack them." Leon was evidently confused, "What's the point of even going?"

     "Sorry, champ." Jason didn't sound apologetic in the slightest, "That's classified for now."

     "Details on the facility?" Leon asked.

     "For now," Jason answered shortly, "classified."

     Leon sighed, trying to get even a sliver of information, "Time limit?"

     "Classified." Jason and Leon synchronized.