FOUR

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧 :
i hate rats

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     WHEN SHE AWOKE, Leon was gone

     WHEN SHE AWOKE, Leon was gone. It had taken them a while to fall asleep even though they weren't speaking, they still say in quiet, just enjoying each other's presence.

     Rae climbed out of the stiff bed, checking her clothes and getting ready for the day. Then she was off, walking down the hallway. She had a suspicion where Leon would be.

     Rae made it to the small room, the only room they had been outside of their bedroom and found Jason and Leon staring at each other, a tense air between them. Rae watched as both men turned to her upon entrance and then back to each other.

     "What are we talking about?" Rae asked, casually walking up to the men with her hands behind her back.

     "Nightmares." Leon answered gruffly, staring forward at Jason as if to demand him to stay quiet. Rae figured they had spoken about something else before but if they weren't going to share, she wouldn't push it.

     Rae whistled, focusing on Jason, "Boy, do I have one for you."

     Leon huffed, turning to her, "Not the grandma story agai—"

     "So," Rae leaned forward, going to tell the story despite his objection, "one night I had a nightmare, but it all started the day before when I woke up in my grandma's hou—"

     Suddenly it felt like the boat hit something and they were all flung to their right, crashing into the tables. Rae gripped the harsh edge if the table, groaning as it carelessly pushed into her thigh. The boat shook around them for a moment before it calmed down.

     "What the fuck was that?" Leon questioned as they all recovered and caught their balance.

     "Let's go see!" Rae pushed herself off the table and rushed out the door.

     "Rae, wait for me!" Leon followed her immediately, not wanting to separate if something bad was happening.

     Then, they were all sprinting down the long metal corridors of the submarine. Quickly they made it to the command room, where a shocking sight met them.

     The workers were all face down, on their working station. Leon ran up to one, "Hey. You all right?" Rae looked over his shoulder as Leon tilted the man's head back, only to reveal that his neck had been torn open.