SEVEN

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 :
that's not good

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     WATCHING SHEN MAY observe the ruin of her home made Rae want to cry alongside her, but she managed to keep her emotions in check by stabbing her nails into her palm

     After only a minute of watching Shen May look around in grief, Rae retreated to her safe space and found herself standing next to Leon. Leon turned to the woman beside him and scanned over her body, one more time.

     With a stressed breath he reached forward, his hand gently resting upon her shoulder for his thumb to comfortingly rub the skin. Once she sent him a grateful smile, he took his hand back to moved along. Leon pulled out the chip that they had grabbed from Shen May, observing it.

     "Jason...The other day, he told me something." Leon started, looking at Rae, "He had said 'It starts with fear. You cultivate it, and you watch it spread, and then...then you've got terror.' And now, it all makes so much sense."

     "You think he's doing this to keep us preoccupied, or to tell us to stand down because nothing we do will stop it?" Rae felt her lip twitching at her joke, "Because we haven't heard that before."

     Leon gave a short laugh, "Guess he doesn't know us that well, huh?"

     Rae huffed, "Definitely not."

     "Give me the chip." Shen May's voice came from behind them but neither of them turned around. "If we go public with it, everything that Wilson had been doing will he out in the open."

     "If we do that, you'll have every agent in the US hunting you." Leon turned around, his grip on the chip tightening. Rae turned around, knowing there was no chance they were giving Shen May the chip.

     "I have to do it, so that everything that happened to Jun See will never happen again." A quiet filled the area of destruction, and Shen May took this as a sign to continue, "I know you both understand. Raccoon City was the beginning. We can't let what happened in Penamstan stay buried. Jason wants justice."

     "No. Jason doesn't give a damn about justice." Leon cut off, "He wants the world to know what real terror's like. The kind him and his men knew. He wants that to be the new reality for everyone, and then...he wants to burn it all down."

     "He wouldn't do that." Shen May defended, having hope in her partner's morals.

     "You don't doubt him?" Rae motioned to the rubble, feeling guilty at the flicker of pain in Shen May's eyes, "Even after this?"