CHAPTER 2

CHAPTER 2

I started to lift all the boxes full of vegetables and fruits, and I put them on the back of the car.

Tinggal ko ang nakatakip na bahagi sa likod ng sasakyan ko para mas maayos ko mailagay ang mga kahon, when suddenly I saw a ring. I furrowed my brows and picked up the diamond ring.

I can't remember who's ring this is, I don't remember anyone getting into my car. I shrugged, and put the ring in my pocket, and continued what I was doing.

When I was done, I decided to take a bath so we could go to town already. The lake near our house was clean, so I decided to take a bath in it.

I soaked my body in the water and I leaned on the big rock, looking at the sky. I wondered, what will my life be like if I already have my own family?

I don't have any experience being in a relationship, wala pa akong nakikitang babae na para sa'kin. I do see a lot of girls, but I can't see myself dating someone.

I was able to finish my studies without having a girlfriend, I had no interest in such things before.

Alicia told me that my biological mother wants me to stay with her in her city, but I don't want to leave this place. Here, I only find peace and quiet, no chaos, no noise, fresh air, and a peaceful mind.

“We can go now,” I said when I walked inside the house. While I wiped my hair with a black towel, they stood up and walked towards the outside.

While I went into my room to hang up the towel I used and took a polo shirt, I put it on and left two buttons open and just put on a little perfume and left the room. I caught up with them.

After talking outside, my parent's friend immediately said goodbye and rode with me in the back of my car.

“You can ride next to me there, it's too hot in the back,” I said when he sat next the boxes of vegetables in the back of the car.

“Medyo hindi kita maintindihan sa pag e-Ingles mo sa akin, pero dito na ako uupo para maalalayan ko ang mga kahon sa mga lubak na daan,” he said.

I heard my former parents laugh when their friend mentioned how I spoke.

I went inside the house and got a rope so I could tie the boxes, para hindi na niya alalayan pa, masyadong tirik ang araw para umupo siya sa likod ng sasakyan.

I have tied the boxes to the back of my car carefully so that they won't fall if we pass some potholes later.

“Here, you can now sit next to me,” I said when I was done tying all the boxes. My parents waved their hands at us.

Lumapit naman ako sa kanila para mag mano. They tapped my back while I was holding their hand and bowing down.

“Mag iingat ka,” Alicia said while I was still holding her hand, and she tapped the back of my hand while reminding me to take care.

I just nodded and went to my car. Lucio also got in next to me, and I started the car before leaving the gate. I honked and saw them in my side mirror waving.

Our trip was quiet, I was too lazy to speak, so we felt the chirping of birds at every place we passed on our way to town.

When we got to the town, we immediately parted ways, and he immediately got off at the entrance of the town.

“Salamat sa pag sabay sa akin, mag ingat ka sa lakad mo,” he said, closing the door of my car, and he waved his hands. I just honked and continued to drive, where I will drop off the vegetables I brought.

When I got to the place where I was going to drop off the vegetables, I immediately put down all the boxes and turned them aside so that they could all be weighed.

“Nandito kana pala, umupo kana muna at titimbangin na namin lahat,” the owner said, and he shook my hand. I just nodded and sat down in the corner.

While I was sitting on the side and looking at the weighing of vegetables, something caught my attention on the side that seemed to be causing a commotion in the next store.

There's a woman who's yelling at the store owner, curiosity kills me. I stood and slowly walked towards the store.

“Oh, God! Don't make me stupid! I gave you one thousand pesos, and now you are saying that I just gave you one hundred?!” A woman keeps yelling, she's wearing a hoodie jacket in this hot weather.

Are you kidding me? She's even wearing loose pants and a bucket hat with sunglasses on. Are you serious?

“Let me pay for her.” I interrupted their conversation, and they looked at me.

“I can pay myself, Mr. Who. You. Are.” she said with sarcasm in her voice.

“Miss, isang daan lang talaga ang inabot mo sa akin, ito lang ang hawak ko na pera,” the owner said as he showed his hand with money.

The woman was confused, and she rummaged for something inside her hoodie pocket.

The owner was so stressed because she created a commotion and many people were gossiping around us. Great,  the attention was already on us. Why the heck did I just get here?

I saw the woman slowly look into her pocket, and I saw a thousand pesos that were just inside her pocket. She slapped her forehead out of shame, and she was ready to speak.

But I got ahead of her and covered her mouth.

“Sorry, my wife was a forgetful person, how much is missing?” I asked the shop owner while the woman was struggling with my grip, and I still didn't let her go, covering her mouth.

“Five hundred,” he said while looking at us confused. I gave him a thousand pesos.

“She needs to take her medicine already, keep the change, and I'm sorry for the trouble.” I apologize and carefully drag the woman into the corner where my car was parked.

“Let me go!” she yelled when I let her go. She fixed her sunglasses and looked at me.

“What are you saying that I'm your wife? I even didn't know you!” she said, still shouting,

“I'm single!” she added at pinakita niya ang mga daliri niyang walang singsing.

Mabilis ko namang kinuha ang kamay niya kahit na nag pupumiglas siya at kinuha ang singsing sa bulsa ko na nakita ko kanina sa likuran ng sasakyan.

“What are you doing?!” she said, struggling. I put the ring on her finger.

“There, you're already married to me,” I said, smirking at her.

“Who said that—” I cut her sentence.

“You keep shouting, can you please calm down? Or else I'm the one who will shut your mouth using my lips, you like that?” I challenge her so she can shut up and stop shouting.

“You mother f—,” she didn't finish her sentence because I kissed her passionately, her eyes widening while my tongue entered her mouth.

×××