CHAPTER 4

I have no choice, I have many things to do.

I start the engine.

I look at the lady who's sleeping next to me, she's so beautiful. What the hell?

I saw her seat belt was not properly locked, so I got closer to her to lock it properly.

“Are you trying to kiss me again?” She suddenly spoke and held my hand at her side.

Her eyes are still closed.

This woman was so unbelievable.

“I'm just fixing your seatbelt.” What's with this woman? Lahat nalang ay big deal sa kanya.

She looked at me like she was teasing me, so she was trying to say that I wanted to kiss her again?

If she will allow me, why not?

Oh, God, what I'm talking about

She poked me on my arms like she was teasing me

She was smiling at me while poking me, ano bang iniisip ng babaeng 'to.

“Stop it, or else—” I said, and she suddenly stopped and sat down straight.

She looked out the window while crossing her arms. So siya pa ang galit? What the hell?

I'm done with this shit, I don't even know her name, and now she's sitting next to me with her crazy attitude.

If I know that this will happen, I should not go to the commotion. I look at her once again, and she leans her head on the window, looking outside.

I can't imagine that this lady will be my wife.

I shrugged my head while thinking that shit. I know she won't get out of my car.

Napahilamos nalang ako ng mukha dahil sa inis.

I had no choice, I started my engine and started to drive back to the hacienda.

The silence gives me awkward vibes while driving. She was just staring outside. I glance at her. She looks so sad, even though I don't know her. Her eyes speak how sad she was.

I decided to listen to the radio, ngayon lang ako naging hindi komportable sa tahimik, I prefer silence to noise, and I can think much better, but now? The silence is creating chaos in my head.

It makes me uneasy to think that this lady beside me was acting weirdly like she was my wife and as if I was guilty about her actions.

I turn the radio on, halos hindi ko maramdaman ang katawan ko ng biglang tumugtog ang “Careless whisper” shit, I immediately turn off the radio, I look at her, she was still looking outside, and I'm still catching my breath because of nervousness.

The ambiance was getting heavy. I shouldn't open the radio.

I focus on driving.

There are so many stands on the side selling any kind of stuff. We passed by the food stand.

The smell of the food was so good. After a minute, I heard some rumbling stomach. It wasn't me, I'm not hungry.

I look at my side, and there she was, looking at the food stand that we were passing by. Is she hungry? I observed her action, every time we were passing by at the food stands, she suddenly gulped.

Aish, why can't she go home already? Para akong nag-aalaga ng bata, she even pouted. What the hell? She looks cute every time she does that. I want to kiss her— aish, what I am thinking?

I shook my head , and she suddenly looked at me with her puppy eyes. What kind of drama is this.

“What? Don't look at me like that,” I said, avoiding her gaze.

“I'm hungry,” she said while pouting at me.

Oh god, “Don't do that thing, you don't look cute,” I said, but she even did puppy eyes while pouting.

What the hell was she doing? “What thing?” she said like she didn't know what I was talking about, and she even went near me still pouting.

Napaatras naman ako sa ginagawa niya hanggang wala na akong maatrasan dahil nakasandal na ako sa pinto ng kotse.

Halos idikit na niya ang katawan niya sa akin, I even hear the beat of my heart, shit, did I have a heart disease? It's pumping abnormally, I can even hear it because of the strong beat.

“Aish, okay, I'll buy you food, please don't go near me.” I said, slowly pushing her, lumapad naman ang ngiti niya at umayos ng upo, pumapalakpak siya habang nakatingin sa labas.

Bumaba na ako sa kotse para bumili, I'm surprised when someone grabs my arms and holds me tight. I immediately look at who's holding me, and I wonder why she's holding me like she's going to lost, like a kid.

I look at her. “What?” she asks innocently, looking up at me. Her height was like a kid's, cute.

“I said don't go near me, why are you holding me?” I said, looking down at her, and she pouted.

“Gusto ko sumama para makapili ako,” she answered. She wants to choose as if she has money to buy.

“So you have money?” I ask her. She slowly shook her head as an answer.

I took a deep sigh, nauubos na pasensya ko sa babaeng 'to. I removed her hands from my arms and walked towards the food stand.

I ordered food that I like, and I think she will like this. After a minute, she arrived where I was. I looked at her. She was catching her breath.

“Ang bilis mong mag lakad,” she said, looking at me.

“Masyado lang maliit ang mga binti mo, kaya ang bagal mo.” I answered her and avoided her gaze immediately because she looked like she wanted to punch me anytime.

I can sense that she is still looking at me. I pretended that I was busy looking at the food being prepared in front of us. “Ang pas—” I cut her words using the fries and dunk them into her mouth, so she can shut. 

I paid for the food and started to walk back to the car.

“Sa'kin ba lahat 'to?” she asked, eating while she was following me.

“Yeah, you can go home to your house already, stop following me,” I said to her and face her. Her mouth was full of food, and her cheeks were so cute that I wanted to pinch them.

Aish,  I'm talking nonsense again. I shook my head and walked again.

"But as you said earlier, I can go with you,” she said while chewing the food.

“I already gave you food, you have a house, and I don't even know you, I don't have time to take care of a kid.” I answered her.

“Kid who?” she asked. This woman was totally insane, naubos na ang pasensya ko at pumasok na sa kotse.

She knocked on my window just to open it, my car windows were totally tinted, and she couldn't see me inside.

How did I end up in this situation?

Her chips fell to the ground because she kept knocking on my window. She looked at the chips like she was going to cry.

I immediately opened the door and went to her, her eyes were cloudy because tears wanted to fall.

I suddenly wiped her eyes, and she cried even more.

“Hey, stop crying, it's just a chip, I'll buy again. Stop crying,” I said, and she hugged me tightly. She seemed to have a problem that she was battling silently.

I support her to get in the car, and I go to the driver's seat. I take a deep breath and start the engine. Hindi na ako nag salita pa, nag drive lang ako hanggang makalabas kami sa bayan.

I turn on the radio again, and this time the song is so soothing that I start humming. I didn't realize na may kasama ako, I was just enjoying the music, until we arrive at home.

×××