CHAPTER 5

CHAPTER 5

Bumusina ako ng malakas nang makarating kami sa tapat ng gate namin, and I saw my  parents wave their hands while walking towards the gate to open it. My car was heavily tainted, so they couldn't see who was with me.

I look at the lady who's sleeping next to me— she's sleeping soundly right now, and I didn't notice that she's already sleeping on our trip.

Nakita ko namang binubuksan na ang gate, while Alicia was standing in the side while smiling.

I just parked my car in the garage and took a deep sigh while looking at the lady on my side. She's still sleeping.

Ang mukha niya ay natatamaan ng sinag ng araw. Her face was so perfect. She has a small, pointed nose, bilugang mga mata na may pagka singkit, mahahabang pilik mata.

Fair skin, perfect brows, perfect ratio of face, and her pouty lips that I kissed a while ago.

I look at her lips, tempting to kiss those soft, tasty lips of her. I immediately shrug my head. What the fuck was I thinking?

I saw in my side mirror that Alicia was walking towards my car. Aish, what should I do to this woman? I panicked when Alicia knocked on my window.

I stopped panicking when I realized, Why would I panic when I didn't do anything? I'm completely insane. I grab my hair and tweak it— if someone saw me, they would think that I'm crazy.

I looked at Alicia while she was standing outside my car, patiently waiting for me to open the door.

“Bahay mo na ba 'to?” I immediately looked at my side when I heard her speak.

Nanglalaking mata akong tumingin sa kanya, kanina pa ba siya gising? Did she see me awhile ago, like crazy?

“What's that stare?” she asked me with confusion in her eyes, so she didn't see me acting crazy awhile ago.

I feel relief. She suddenly opened the door of my car and got out first. I saw Alicia looking at her, sumunod naman kaagad ako, at baka ano pang isipin nila tungkol sa kanya at kung bakit may dala akong babae

“I don't know her!” I immediately said when I saw Alicia open her mouth. I knew she would ask, who is the lady with me.

Alicia smiled at me and narrowed her eyes, looking at the lady beside me.

“Good afternoon!” The Lady greeted Alicia cheerfully, napahilamos naman ako ng mukha ng bigla siyang nag salita at nilahad ang kamay sa harapan ni Alicia para mag mano.

“I'm Iris, by the way! Nice to meet you in person— my husband talked a lot about you to me, and finally we already met!” she said, and Alicia seemed surprised at what she heard.

She looked at me like she was asking if that was true.

“Husband?” Alicia asked while looking at me with confusion on her face.

“No!—it's not what you think, I don't even know her name, I just saw her in the street,” I defended myself.

Kinawit naman niya ang kamay niya sa braso ko.

“Love, what are you talking about?” She said while doing puppy eyes, oh god what she was doing.

“I'm done with this,” I said and walked away. I don't have enough energy to argue more. I feel like she drained all my energy since I saw her in the town.

Alicia called me, but I continued walking. Hindi na ako lumingon pa, napa buntong hininga naman ako habang tinatawag nila ako.

Agad akong umakyat sa kwarto ko, why did I let her come with me? Kung kaya ko naman siyang iwanan kanina, she has a house to go home to, but my conscience is eating me, and then I let her come with me, aish ano na naman ba 'tong pinasok ko.

Agad kong ni-lock ang pinto at saka dumiretsyo sa banyo, I wash my face up onto my hair, looking at the mirror, and I let the water drip on my clothes.

It's literally draining me. I get the towel and dry my face. I take off my clothes and get a pair of clothes from my closet. I just get the white t-shirt and shorts.

I go to my small counter table and sit. I get my favorite glass inside the drawer, get some cube ice on my mini refrigerator, and pour some alcohol. I lean my head on the chair and drink the whisky straight.

Nagsalin ulit ako ng alak sa baso at tumayo, naglakad ako patungo sa bintana.

I open my big window curtains, papalubog na pala ang araw, and the sunset is so beautiful—a bright orange with a touch of yellow and red—and the birds are flying. I looked down because I heard some beautiful laughter, and I saw the woman running with my dogs.

Nakatingin lang ako sa kanya habang hawak ang baso sa kamay ko. She was laughing and running while my dog was chasing her.

Sa hindi kalayuan ay nakangiting nakatingin rin ang mga magulang ko sa kanya tila ba ay natutuwa silang pinag mamasdan si Iris, her name was as beautiful as her, Iris, huh? Her name was unique.

Mabilis naman ako nag iwas ng tingin ng biglang lumingon sa akin si Alicia, she was smiling at me like she was teasing me, mabilis ko namang sinara ang kurtina ng bintana.

I sneaked at the curtains, looking at Iris, she was still playing with my dogs. Hindi ba napapagod 'tong babaeng 'to kanina pa siya patakbo takbo.

I immediately drank the whisky and got out of my room. Bumaba naman kaagad ako at nagpunta sa labas, I saw my parents laughing with Iris, kumunot naman ang noo ko ng bigla silang tumingin sa akin, Iris immediately ran towards me and held my hands, nagulat akong tumingin sa kanya.

“Nanay said that there's a fair in another town now, I want to ride a ferris wheel and a carousel,” she said while shaking my hands. She looks like a kid begging her parents, and she looks cute.

Kumurap naman ako ng ilang beses para alisin sa utak ko ang mga naiisip ko, I look at her, she was still looking at me with her puppy eyes, that stare, aish.

“I'm busy.” I answered her and got my hand back. Nag lakad naman ako patungo sa kwadra.

“But I want to go there!” sigaw niya habang sinusundan niya ako sa loob. I didn't answer her, I pretend that I didn't hear her and get the bucket of water.

Hinila niya ang damit ko, but I still continued what I was doing.

“Pero gusto ko kumain ng cotton candy,” she said, still holding the edge of my shirt.

“Look, I'm not your babysitter to look at you whenever you go, just go home now, I'm sure your parents were looking at you,” I said to her and held her hand to let her go with my shirt.

Lumabas na ako at naglakad pabalik sa bahay, I left her standing while looking at me. We're not kids anymore to go to fair and enjoy, and I have a lot of things to do.

Nasalubong ko naman si Alicia sa sala, “Nasaan na si Iris? Kakain na tayo,” she said and dried her hand on her apron.

“Nagpapahangin,” I plainly said and went upstairs. Nakita ko namang lumabas si Alicia, pabagsak kong hiniga ang katawan ko sa higaan habang nakatingin sa kisame.

Maya-maya pa ay may narinig na akong nagpuputukan, tumayo ako at sumilip sa bintana. I saw a lot of fireworks from the other town. I closed the curtains and sat down on my chair, playing the pen in my hand.

Bakit parang walang balak na umuwi ang babaeng 'yon sa kanila, I'm sure her parents were looking for her already, she seems rich, halata sa itsura niya at pananalita.

I closed my eyes while leaning my head, and suddenly someone knocked on my door.

“Brent kakain na,” Alicia said. I opened my eyes and looked at the door.

“I'm still full,” I answered, at wala na akong narinig pang sagot sa labas ng pinto.

×××