Chapter 8

[Pov Hayden]

Just me, Mindy, Chad, Heather and Ethan sat squeezed in a white van. Awesome huh? And Kirby is sitting in his chair doing something on his laptop. The best part is that Sam and Tara went off to do something stupid.

- So are you really tracking your phone now? What never works in the movies? "Sam wait a minute, I'm about to track it, it's almost there!" And it will end up doing nothing? - Mindy asked, breaking the blissful silence. And Kirby laughed at the girl's comment without interrupting her act.

- I can trace the phone in less than 15 seconds. - Answered Kirby looking at Mindy, to which the girl smiled broadly.

- Well, there you have it as bait. - Said Mindy leaning forward.

- Because the killer usually calls somewhere nearby. - Said Kirby confidently.

- And you think they're safe because it's daylight in a public place? - Asked Mindy raising an eyebrow.

- Look here, I'm here, okay? And so it is with Bailey. - Said Kirby nodding slightly.

- This is exactly how our uncle Randy died! - Shouted Mindy. - In broad daylight in a public place. Dragged into a van. Stabbed, stabbed, stabbed. No more Randy.

- Huh. - Kirby replied. At the same time, Ethan decided to share a munchkin. A great colleague.Well, and we just contacted Sam and Tara. But our friend Ghostface called. And Kirby had already located him.

- Geolocation is just coming through. - Kirby says. - He's on the Upper West Side. In an apartment building. In the middle of the City. - Kirby added.

- On West 96th? - Tara asked.

- How do you know that? - Kirby asked her.

- Gale. - Sam said.

And now it has started. Sam and Tara rushed to Ghostface to help Gale.

And we were going there, too. We broke a few laws, but I guess that doesn't count now. We got there when it was all over. We saw Sam and Tare sitting on a bench. So we went up to them and sat with them. I sat down next to Tara and grabbed her hand. At which Tara sent me a weak smile and laid her head on my shoulder. A moment later, Danny arrived.

- I got here as quickly as I could. - Said a tired Danny running up to us.

- I'm scared guys. I don't want to be hurt again. - Mindy said.

- Neither do I. - Chad admitted.

 - Chad admitted

The twins exchanged glances and hugged each other. If it weren't for the whole situation I would have found it cute. But this is not too good a time. Mindy pulled me and Tare into their embrace. And Chad pulled Heather in for a hug. Ethan stood next to us along with Danny, and Sam sat.

- Maybe he'll win this time, too. - Sam said. She got strange looks from everyone. What is she talking about? - She wants to punish me. Me. So maybe I'll let him do it. I'll just give in. If it gives you security, it's worth it. - Said Sam on the verge of crying.

- No Sam, we won't do it Sam. - Said Tara getting up from the bench. - You came back to Woodsboro to protect me. Every day you make decisions to protect me. None of us would be alive if it weren't for you! This time you have to let us protect you. We are a team yes? - Tara added.

- Actually, we are a family. - Said Mindy getting up from the bench, in the process knocking my head off her shoulder.

- OH YES! Core four? Come on! - Said Chad putting out his hands, to which Tara and Mindy added.

- Core what? - Said a puzzled Danny.

- Oh you don't want to know. - I said standing next to Danny and patting him on the shoulder. At which the older man laughed.

- He will continue to follow us. - Said Sam.

- Isn't there someplace safe where you could hole up? - Ethan asked.

- That won't work, he'll keep looking for us. - Said Tara. But we can use it! - Added the short girl. Calling Bailey.

- We want to trap him in a safe place. - Said Tara into the phone.

- And what's next? - Said the voice from the receiver.

- Finish him off. - Said Tara confidently. - Will you help us? - Asked Tara after a while.

- Let's kill the motherfucker. - Bailey said.

Sorry for the long absence, but I have a lot of studying lately and little free time. I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Have a nice day/night