Chapter One

(please comment and vote)

quick a/n : okk so i decided to make this story because a) i felt guilty about making alec straight and decided our boy needed a boy to love although i do love malec and b) because i fell out of love with verena's plot and how quick i had developed her story so i'm trying to make this one a bit slower xx

+ + +

Staring at his ceiling had never felt so boring. The twenty-two year old boy with sandy blonde hair, perfectly sculpted brows and some of the bluest eyes imaginable laid on his bed. His hair, of which was not short or long, was disheveled as the sinking feeling of guilt wrapped around his insides inexplicably.

"Char?" The soft voice of his mother called out. It was stange, indeed, that the boy lived with his mother still but it was to aid his mission on protecting his younger sister. It was her eighteenth birthday today, and she was on her way to the Brooklyn Academy of Arts so he was stuck at home.

Although the boy held a small form of hatred for how he had allowed his life to turn out, he was glad that he could be a protective pillar in his sister's life. It gave him a peace of mind that he knew his younger sister could count on him to help her and save her if need be.

"Charlie..." the boy's mother sighed as she enterred the room, a wistful look in her eyes as she looked at the boy's appearance. "Have you not gotten out of bed at all?"

"Nope." The boy popped the 'p' and slowly glanced towards his mother, her brunette hair hanging in loose waves as it sat on her shoulders and flowed down her back. Her own blue eyes stared at him, her brows pinched together in sympathy.

"Are you worried about Clary?"

"She'll be fine." He replied, looking back towards his plain white ceiling. It was true, he had faith that his sister would manage to get into the Academy as she was a fabulous artist, he just worried about Simon Lewis.

"Why don't you meet Simon in the cafe? Bring Clary back afterwards?" His mother offered, slowly lowering herself to sit on the edge of the Charlie's king-sized bed.

"And listen to that twerp ask whether or not i knew if Clary loves him?" He asked, his eyes widening a little before his facial expression turned into a scowl. "I'll pass."

"They're just teenagers-"

"That's their problem." Charlie now sat upright, running a hand down his face as he felt the duvet cover fall from his bare yet toned chest. He sighed, of which turned into a yawn, before he groaned. "Fine. I'll go."

"I knew you would." His mother beamed at him as she placed a comforting yet assuring hand on his shoulder, rubbing circles into his skin with her thumb. "Oh, but i have a late birthday present for you."

"Late?" Charlie questioned as he carefully took the duvet covers off of his body. He then stood, his joggers slightly falling down as he stretched. He then scowled to himself as he dropped his arms to his legs and stuffed his hands into his pockets, his eyes staring at his mother. "Mom, my birthday was practically four months ago."

"I know, i know, i just-" his mother seemed to stumbled over her words before sighed, giving in to the fact she couldn't give a proper explanation. "I'll give it to you once you're ready." She settled on saying instead as she stood and left the room swiftly, leaving the wooden door open ajar.

"Late birthday present...seriously?" Charlie couldn't help but mumble to himself as he glanced around his room for a moment before making his way towards his drawers. They were pushed against his dark grey and almost black coloured walls whilst different decorations hung in silver picture frames.