Chapter Four

(please comment and vote)

+ + +

"Clary, you need to not be so dramatic!" Charlie bellowed out as he reached forwards to grasp onto his sister's arm, stopping her from running into their apartment.

"Dramatic?!" She screamed, scoffing afterwards. She didn't know why Charlie wasn't freaking out as much as she was. "Our mother is gone!" The two siblings, drenched from the rain, took cautious steps into the shop that belonged to Dot. Glass shards were everwhere, as were antiques.

"Christ...it looks like a bomb's gone off." Charlie mumbled, scuffing some debri with his foot as he took a wary glance around. He felt his heart clench as the realisation properly settled into his being.

"Mom-!" Clary cried out, her own gaze flickering onto all the distruction of the auction shop. How had this night turned out so wrong? She fell to her knees, wailing and screaming, sobbing whilst the rain even flowed into the entrance of the shop where she had fallen.

"Clary, grab a weapon." Charlie's tone was authoritive and held no room for debate or fumbled words. It was direct, stern and demanding. His blue eyes hardened like ice as he looked at his little sister, grabbing a piece of wood that used to be a piece of a frame. He would have to use it as a staff of sorts if they encountered whoever had done this. "Clary, get. A. Weapon."

Standing to her feet, Clary reached for a double sided axe that felt so heavy in her grasp. She wasn't the strongest being on the planet, but she didn't think it would feel as heavy as it did.

"Stay behind me, alright?"

"Okay." She whispered quietly, a small hiccup leaving her lips due to her crying session just moments before.

Charlie's steps were slow yet precise. He didn't falter nor hesitate as he began to wander towards the entrance of their apartment, briefly checking over his shoulder to make sure Clary was behind him. Just as he was about to enter his home, however, a gut feeling of something being wrong occurred.

With a small lick of his teeth, he breathed out and disregarded what had happened and moved forwards instead.

"Keep a steady stance." He advised Clary as the pair of them split off from each other. Charlie gravitated towards Jocelyn's room, of which he found nothing. He left the room, about to head for his own, when he saw Clary speaking to someone familiar.

"Did your mother ever talk to you about a cup?" Dot questioned, taking slow steps towards the youngest Fray sibling. With a feeling of unease, Charlie slowly crept forwards, hoping Dot hadn't seen him. "A very important cup. It-It's gold, almost like a chalice."

"No!" Clary exclaimed emotionally, gaining Charlie's attention to the disregarded axe by her feet. "No, i don't know anything about a cup, Dot. O-One of the antiquities downstairs?"

"No, No, not those." Dot was quick to disagree, frowning as her frustration grew. "Think, Clary." She was breathing heavily, staring at the redheaded girl intently. "This could save Jocelyn."

"I can't think!" Clary snapped angrily, glaring at Dot. "Someone kidnapped my mother!"

"You know more than you think you do, Clary Fray." Dot said lowly before her mouth extended to make her look like those monsters from the club. Thinking quickly, Clary got out her Stele and imbedded it into Dot's stomach, making the creature squeal. Jumping into action, Charlie lept onto the monster's back and forced it to the ground, using his long block of wood to hit it over the head a few times, ignoring the many scratches on the arms he received thanks to the monster's four big-ass teeth.