Chapter Three

(please comment and vote)

+ + +

Charlie ruffled up his hair a little, ready to make himself seem hot enough to get someone to buy him a drink. He didn't bring his wallet, which didn't matter much because he was broke anyway.

The club was surrounded by people with sweaty bodies, revealing clothes and waiters and waitresses that walked about handing out some drinks. You had people on tabled dancing whilst blue flashing lights washed over them, the music drowning out their worries for the night.

"I'm gonna go fail at getting us some birthday drinks!" Simon said loudly, cutting Charlie out of the joyful trance he felt at the atmosphere of the club. He remembered what he was doing here.

"I'm gonna go fail with you." Maureen announced as she gripped onto Simon Lewis' arm tightly, tugging him along whilst Clary and Charlie began to make their way god knows where. But Charlie was acting calm because it seemed like Clary knew where she was going.

"Somebody works out." Clary suddenly said from beside Charlie, gaining his attention as he looked over his shoulder, witnessing his little sister grab the arms of a man that was heading towards an area cut off by curtains. "Cool contacts." She then said, to which made Charlie feel more on edge.

Something wasn't right.

Whilst blondie that had bumped into Clary spoke to a woman in a tight, hot pink dress with little black bits of laces on it, Charlie examined the room. There were several people inside, most of which gave him a weird feeling.

There were three, however, that had similar tattoos and it made him question on whether they were in some sort of cult. His eyes, in particular, landed on a tall man with raven hair and hazel eyes. His face was kind but his expression was scrutinizing.

"Watch out!" Clary wailed like a Banshee as she shoved the woman in the pink dress away, making Charlie scowl.

"Clarissa!" He felt his eyes widen as the woman's face turned into that of monster. It split into four, each with sharp tusks of teeth at the end.

"Careful!" Blondie shoved Clary to the side, the girl sliding on the slick floor. Charlie was stuck in place for a moment, unsure on how to exactly help. He witnessed pink dress lady get vaporized into dust by blondie's sword, to which made him want to gag but he didn't.

There was a normalicy to the actions deep within Charlie's bones. The fight ensued, and the blade from Blondie's grasp was knocked to the side as he aided Clary to stand. Noticing this, Charlie lunged for the blade, of which was only a handle now. When he grabbed it, it lit up like the fourth of July and the blade had returned.

He swiftly and elegantly swung the blade, imagining it as one of the ones he had previously practiced with for most of his life as he aimed for one of the monsters that was fighting blondie. It, too, vaporized.

Charlie saw the raven haired man struggle against two maybe three of the monsters, so he disbanded from his sister and helped the unknown stranger out. He vaporized one of the monsters before he punched another square in the face, making it stumble back. As though his moves were a second nature to him, he swung the blade and cut along the monster's throat, it vaporizing upon impact.

"Here." Charlie thrusted the blade into the man's grasp and took off, grabbing Clary and shoving her. "Out, get out!" He demanded, following after her. He did briefly look at the man he had helped out, but he shook his head and jogged after his redheaded sister.

Like Clary had done, Charlie bumped into a man. His eyes were slightly slanted, his skin tone was olive, maybe tanned, and his hair was spiked up but not stuck up with a ton of gel.