Chapter Six

(please comment and vote)

+ + +

Charlie found himself almost shaking where he stood as he stared at the youngest Lightwood. She grinned wickedly at him before she twisted her body to pick up a pile of clothes she had on the bottom of her bed. It was a golden, floral patterned silk button-up shirt with some fresh jeans.

"You're trying to tell everyone i like dick without verbally saying it, aren't you?" Charlie scoffed, practically snatching the clothing from Isabelle.

"You'll just look..." she trailed off before inhaling sharply, her hand pressed against his shoulder. "You'll have a certain pair of eyes on you, that's for sure." The wink she sent told Charlie enough, and he could only chuckle and shake his head in disbelief.

"You are a menace, Isabelle."

"Please, you'll thank me later." She flicked her hair over her shoulder like a bad bitch before she blew the boy a feigned kiss and shoved him from the room, ushering him towards a room that was becoming familiar to him.

The door was ajar, and the scuffled movements told Charlie that someone was within the comfort of the bedroom's four walls. The blonde man sighed and shook his head, about to turn away when the hinges of the door creaked in protest to being used.

"Charlie?" The blonde sighed softly and ducked his head before he slowly turned on his heel, a small and awkward smile being placed onto his lips.

"Hey." He greeted the dark haired man that stared at him with hazel eyes. "Funny...seeing you here, you know?"

"It's my room." Alec retorted, standing with his feet shoulder width apart and arms folded over his chest. He rose a brow in suspicion, but he had a tiny smile gracing his lips. "Izzy sent you here, huh?"

"Yeah." Charlie immediately agreed, nodding his head as his fingers began to fiddle with the clothes within his grasp. "She, uh, gave me clothes so i wouldn't have to steal from you."

"Oh, so you admit stealing from me?" Alec's tone didn't hold any hatred to it. If anything, it was more playful. It was as though Alec had known Charlie for a few years and any uncomfortableness between the men disintegrated within moments once the conversation began to flow.

"Well, i mean-"

"It's cool." Alec shrugged his shoulders and relaxed his stance a little, subsiding to stuffing his hands into his jean pockets. "You can change in here." He moved out of the way and allowed Charlie to step into the room he had been in before. "No doubt you know where everything is?"

"Oh yeah, i know everything." Charlie retorted, looking over his shoulder to grin mischieviously at the oldest Lightwood child. He raised his brows mockingly, watching the panic rise inside of Alec slightly. "I know....where you...keep your diary."

"Dude." Alec scoffed, shaking his head at the childishness Charlie portrayed. However, he did find himself chuckling along.

"Pretty interesting stuff." Charlie hummed, making his way towards the bathroom so that he could change into the clothes Isabelle wanted him to wear.

Alec blinked slowly whilst he leant against a wall, awaiting Charlie's return from his bathroom. He was...intrigued by the blonde boy, immensely. There was a vibe that could only be described as a pulling sensation. Something made him at ease with Charlie. It was a much welcomed yet slightly hated feeling.

Alec disliked feeling so...off guard.

"I feel like a whore." Alec snorted a little at the offended tone within Charlie's voice before said man re-entered the room. The clothes hung to Charlie in all the right places, obviously made to gain some attention. Alec looked the boy up and down, his brows raised a little.