Part Diciotto

A/N: Play song to the side. >>>

I feel like James Bond. Well, Jane Bond. Well, the black Jane Bond.

The name’s Bond. Ghetto Bond. Jane Ghetto Bond.

It really did amaze me how I was able to make jokes in my mind when I was supposed to be sad and weeping over Rakim and his insensitivity. I would be doing that under normal circumstances, but this is different. Nothing really matters when you have revenge under your sleeve.

I smirked to myself and fought the urge to let out a traditional evil laugh. My little plan was making me so happy. I looked around at the mob; we were sitting in Izzy’s backyard, discussing our next move. I remained silent and continued to think of myself being a spy, sneaking around and waiting to reveal my scheme.

“I’m stumped, though. I honestly don’t know what to do.” Rakim said as he sat in the beach chair, looking a little stressed.

“All I know is that you guys need to leave soon; if what you say is true, my life is in danger if you don’t leave.” Izzy spoke up.

And…who cares? I thought.

Twelvy sighed. They all seemed a little down at the situation. I felt bad for them, actually. This wasn’t a pretty situation, and it was my fault. The least I could do is help.

And this is where my plan begins.

“Where would you want to go, anyway?” I asked no one in particular. They all looked at me like they forgot I was even there.

“That’s what we’ve been trying to figure out this whole time, Tremaine.” Yams said, a trace of irritation in his voice.

“I know that. But I mean, where exactly would you be willing to go? Because I know a friendly spot in Philly, but it all depends on you…” I trailed off.

“Wait, what? You have a place we can stay?” Dom asked. I nodded.

“It’s a big house, with a friendly owner. He wouldn’t mind us staying there. He’s trustworthy, too. I promise he is. We just might have to pay a little rent, though.”

“That’s fine. We got money, right Rocky? This is great. Thanks, Tre. You’re a lifesaver.” Twelvy smiled widely, along with the others who seemed to be taking sighs of relief. Rakim didn’t seem so thrilled, though. He was evidently suspicious.

Hell, he should be. This is all about him.

                                                              * * *

After we packed up all of our things, we had to wait for Rakim and Izzy to say their farewells. I was sitting in her living room with my bag on my back, impatiently waiting for their love-fest to be over. They were just standing there, telling each other soft things like, “Thank you, for everything, really,” and “I want us to keep in touch. Don’t lose my number,” and “It was really nice being here. I’ll miss you.”

I even kissed my teeth a few times, receiving some chuckles from Dom. But it was finally over, and they finished. When Izzy looked at me to say goodbye, she whispered to Rocky: “Remember what I told you …don’t keep fooling her.”

He nodded. It hurt to hear those words, and it hurt to see him nod…But I swallowed to prevent any possible tears and pushed past Rocky. I skipped all the way outside and sat up front next to Twelvy, who was ready to drive us through the night.

“The others are coming.” I said while buckling my seat belt.

“Cool. And you know, Tre? I’ve been meaning to tell you…I’m sorry we didn’t get to finish that tattoo. I honestly didn’t finish it because I wasn’t sure you were fit for A$AP, but now, I know you obviously are. When I get the chance, we’ll get it done. Okay?” Twelvy looked me straight in the eye.