Chapter 6 - A Starry Night Sky

"Sleep tight." Jack said as she hang out from Elsa's window.

"Will you come to my birthday celebration? You are my friend." Elsa mumbled anxiously and wrinkled her blanket in her hands.

"No but I will come soon after sunset. How about that?" Jack chuckled and saw her smiling and nodding.

"Jack," Elsa called when she saw him getting on the window still.

"Yes?" He hummed and glanced at her.

"Nothing. I just think that the color of your eyes is pretty." She whispered and laid down.

"Thank you but now you need to sleep. I will shut the window tight so you won't catch a cold." He said as he climbed on the tree branch. 

Few snowflakes landed on his hair as he closed up her window. Then he just rushed down and took a moment to pause. His head throbbed and his body shook. The thirst had almost made him insane tonight. The way her blood rushed inside her veins and the smell… it really brought water on his tongue.

"No… get a hold of it… she is a friend…" he groaned and held his chest. 

He pressed his forehead against the tree's trunk. He could feel how his fangs got out. His bloodthirsty gaze wandered on her window but as soon as he realized what his thirst almost made him do he hit his fist on the tree. Some snow fell down on his head and so did some sense too.

Quickly he climbed over the fence and headed to the forest. This time he hunted down a reindeer. He sucked blood from it, the taste was doable but not long ago he felt sick to his stomach after feeding from wild animals.

When he was full he returned to his hideout, an abandoned house at the border of the estate where Elsa lived and the town. Immediately when he got inside and boarded the windows and door he turned around.

"Show yourself, Toothiana." He said and grinned, he wiped some dried blood from the corner of his mouth with his thumb as he spoke.

Slowly the presence from the shadows stepped out, the one he had sensed ever since coming back to his current so called home. A tall woman, wearing a vibrant green dress and her hair tied up in a bun, decorated with peacock feathers appeared. 

"Jack!" She suddenly squealed and rushed forward.

Jack tried to dodge but her being his elder made it impossible. She grabbed him and her tiny minions, the undying orphan children, grabbed him from his legs.

"What's up Tooth?" Jack hummed.

"Aww they are still as white as snow! Let me see!" Tooth exhaled and opened Jack's mouth with her long fingers.

She smelled like eastern perfumes, her makeup was vivid purple and green. And she was too close.

"Enuf-," Jack mumbled and pushed her off. "Enough," he said again, clearly this time.

"Oh sorry but you know what many centuries of drinking blood do to teeth. They are not as white anymore," Tooth sighed and sat down on a desk that was covered with a dusty, yellowish cloth.

"Yeah, you have told me plenty of times." Jack sighed and went to grab a metal can from the corner.

"But you are such a young one so your teeth are so perfect," Tooth sighed dreamily as Jack sat on a chair in front of her.

"Mm…yeah…could you call these a bit further away?" Jack asked when her so-called  children kept fanning on his feet as he tried to grab a knife from a nearby desk.

"Sorry, alright come on my precious little baby tooths. Come here," Tooth asked and her children did so.

"There are so many of them-," Jack hummed, "- do you still collect teeth? It is a creepy hobby."