Chapter 11 - The Hunters

Bitter after taste and the muddy texture stayed on his tongue after he swallowed the piece. It made his stomach twitch and he stared at the piece of cake with a frown.

"Jack?" Elsa's voice called.

"Huh?" He hummed, raising his head to look at Elsa. She was sitting gracefully on her armchair, holding a teacup between her hands.

"I asked how is it? You quieted down after first spoonful," Elsa smiled shyly and took a sip from her tea.

Jack faked a smile, "It was wonderful."

"That's a lie mister Frost," Elsa chuckled.

Jack sighed and placed his plate down on the table. He had refused many of the things that she had brought him to eat, every time. Sometimes he had taken a bite to amuse her and sometimes eaten a cookie or chocolate to her pleasure.

"Well, I am not fond of sweets. And I already ate," Jack grinned and faked taking a sip of the tea she brewed. The smell was rather nice, sort of minty, and he wished that he could drink it.

"But I told you not to eat because I wanted you to have some of my 16th birthday cake…" Elsa sighed.

Jack glanced at the plate and took it again. Slowly he began eating the chocolate cake and even though he suffered, he felt happy to see her smiling a bit. After finishing it he put the plate down and thirst hit him.

"So have you heard any rumors of the killings while you move in the town? It worries me that you move around these times. I heard mama and papa chatting," Elsa spoke and looked at Jack with worry.

"Killings?" Jack replied with raspy voice. Her pulse was driving him crazy.

"Yes. Blood has been removed from the victims. Some were found last year but this year the victims have increased. Papa is keeping it a secret while his guards are trying to find the cause behind the killings," Elsa said.

"Mm… " Jack hummed and rubbed his forehead.

Elsa noticed him acting up and she cale close, offering him his teacup. Now even her sweet smell was closer.

"Drink this. I think you are not feeling well," Elsa said and took his hand, placing the cup.

Jack gulped down the drink with one go and leaned his head on her shoulder. He nuzzled against Elsa's neck, wanting to bite through her pale skin. He could not see how her cheeks flushed red and a smile was brought upon her face. Her heart was beating happily as she smelled his scent.

Only her voice brought him back from the prison of his desires.

"The G… is it from the Garrison family?" Elsa wondered.

Jack chuckled quietly, "No."
He raised his head and got up, walking to the window.

"Remember that when I get it right you promised me a reward. Anything that I would like," Elsa said and watched him closely.

"Yeah I remember. Listen, Little Lady. . I need to meet with acquaintances for a few days. I will be back later, I promise. " he smiled and wanted to go and see if stuff like this actually happened in Arendelle. He felt like this would be their chance to defeat Pitch for good.

"When will you return?" Elsa asked as she saw him getting ready to jump.

"Ah, hopefully in a week," Jack wondered and scratched the back of his neck before flashing his playful smile. "What, will you miss me?"

Elsa glanced away and mumbled a yes which startled him.

"Alright, see you in five days then. Elsa," Jack chuckled and jumped before she could react at all.