challenging him

A small smile spread on her enticing rosy lips when the person she loves the most appeared in her dream. Her eyes were closed and features were calm, and that beautiful smile adorned her face. A few strands of her hair were on her face but they didn't disturb her peaceful sleep.

Jasmine tilted her head to the other side when she felt some intoxicating presence. The air was so tense and she felt a sudden urge to open her eyes and take a look at her surroundings.

Ethan placed his right leg over the left as he watched Jasmine fluttering her eyes open. She immediately shut it when the light from the windows pierced through her eyes and again she opened them, this time slowly and he watched how her pupils dilated and lips parted when her eyes caught him. She was breathing through her mouth even when she could breath through her nose which showed him she's nervous and precisely scared.

"Rise and shine Miss Johansson" his thick and fast accent made her too stunned to speak. His deep voice sent millions of shivers down her spine and she could clearly see her goosebumps. He looked like that handsome villain that appears in the movies.

"Heard you were starving yourself. How was the experience?" He taunted her and smirked when she fisted her palm, indicating she's angry.

"Cat got your tongue, huh?" This time it wasn't playful or mocking. It was serious. He wants an answer and she isn't giving him any.

"Let's get straight to the point, Miss Johansson. Where did you put that phone?" He asked menacingly. He spread his legs and leaned forward, placing his elbows on his thighs as he watched her, more like glared at her.

Jasmine gulped visibly at the roughness in his voice. She couldn't tell more lies, he'll easily catch her and the next moment she'll be dead.

In the meantime she visualized her death, probably by his gun, bullet inside her head.
"I don't have time to waste for you woman. Listen and listen carefully" He leaned back into the couch without breaking their eye contact.

"You see that door?" He motioned towards the door on the right side and she nodded her head while looking into it.

"It's open" suddenly a party popper of happiness blasted in her system as she gawked into it with happy eyes.

Freedom, she thought but again a thought came into her mind. Why is he telling her this? Didn't he want that phone and kill her?. Her thoughts broke and was snapped out of the trance by his throaty chuckle. She dragged her head towards his direction to see him laughing at her like she did some kind of joke.

"Did you think I'm going to let you go that simply? If so then you are nothing but a fool" his words made her angry more than he thought. If she could, she'll obviously throw a punch on his face and will put some senses into his thick skull which is full of ego and arrogance.

"Come straight to the point" Ethan gritted his teeth when she used his own words against him. Her sharp tongue pissed him off.

He didn't like it when someone, especially women, talks back to him except his mother. His eyes darkened and Jasmine at that moment regretted her words but she didn't show it, if she dies then she'll die with pride and dignity.

"Tell me where that fucking phone is and you're free. That door is open for you. Tell me the truth and live your life to the fullest" he announced in his tone which made her think for a minute.

He scares her, his mere sound scares her, how the hell is she supposed to fight him? Will he really let her go if she tells the truth? Dying by his hands will be decidedly painful. Well at least she can make it less painful right?

Jasmine took a deep breath, inhaling and exhaling slowly. We shouldn't make decisions out of fear and when we are nervous, only a calm body and mind can make proper decisions.