chapter 9

Mephiles pov:

   I sat still knowing that Rouge the bat was on her way and quickly at that. She landed and went strait for Sonic "I heard what happened from shadow. Why are YOU in all of mobius helping?" The spy said but I had a feeling that someone would remember me and what I did "He simply helped me when I couldn't heal myself up completely and so I am returning the favor by helping him rid of the poison in his system by using the chaos emerald I found nearby" I said looking at the confused bat as Shadow and the red echidna appeared in the room with ice forming on their furs "Is faker ok Rouge?" "Hes going to be ok. He just needs to sleep and rest" I just sat there looking at the two while feeling purple eyes glairing at me but not in a very threatening way. The echidna was probably grateful I saved his friend but I didn't care about him. I just want to understand what is going on with me to feel this way about this handsome blue fured hero.

Knuckles pov:

I dont trust Mephiles one bit. After we erased sonic's memory of the incident I didn't think Mephiles would come back and help him out of the blue. Though I'm glad sonic is now safe and cured. I hate how I was tricked into another goose chase, by Miles from moebius with sonic.exe for crying out loud. I sighed as sonic turned to get more comfortable to continue sleeping in his bed "So... Why did you help him Mephiles?" I said to the inky mas of fake flesh while he looked at me with a sigh before saying "Fine.... I'll tell you what happened before I decided to help Sonic"