*3

"Harry! Harry! Are you alright?"

Cassie could hear the panicked voices of her friends as they tried to wake Harry, the Potter boy had collapsed in the presence of the dementor. Their voices were muffled, she couldn't seem to focus on anything. As Harry began to awake the group moved away from him giving him space. Professor Lupin snapped an enormous slab of chocolate into smaller pieces and handed one to Harry.

As Harry began to come around properly sitting back onto the compartment seats the attention of the group moved to the girl pressing herself against the side of the compartment and curled into herself on the seat. Cassie's hands were pressed harshly against her ears as her eyes were squeezed shut. Her breathing was erratic as she muttered quietly under her breath. None of them could make out what she was saying. The group watched in concern none of them sure of how to help their friend.

After a moment, Lupin made his way towards the girl. He knelt before her, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder that she flinched away from. He waited a second before reaching to take he wrists, pulling her hands away from her ears and helping her to sit up straight. When grey bloodshot eyes met a pair of warm brown ones the professor smiled a kind but slightly strained smile at her.

The girl glanced around the compartment as though checking that the creature was gone. Her friends were watching her worry evident in their eyes making her cheeks warm slightly. Lupin snapped another piece of chocolate off the slab handing it to her. She looked at the treat suspiciously making the man smile again, "It's just chocolate. Eat. It will help."

Harry moved his gaze from his friend to the professor, "What was that thing?"

"A dementor," Lupin replied moving around the room to hand the others a piece of chocolate, "One of the dementors of Azkaban," Everyone watched as he crumbled up the now empty chocolate wrapper and moved towards the compartment door, "I need to speak to the driver, excuse me."

Hermione looked over her friends with worried eyes as if making sure they were uninjured, "Are you sure you're okay?" Both Harry and Cassie nodded shakily.