*5

³ʳᵈ ˢᵉᵖᵗᵉᵐᵇᵉʳ ¹⁹⁹³

³ʳᵈ ˢᵉᵖᵗᵉᵐᵇᵉʳ ¹⁹⁹³

Cassiopeia Black had always hated her birthday. Since they were young Phoenix had tried to make the day as enjoyable as possible but Cassie was stubborn, once she decided the day was pointless there was no changing her mind. Her fourteenth birthday was no different.

Cassie awoke early on the third day of September after only two hours of restless sleep and immediately jumped in the shower and got ready for the day ahead. Her hair was pulled back into her usual braid with whisps of baby hairs shaping her face. Once she made her way back into the dorm room, the girls were climbing out of bed muttering tired 'happy birthdays' to her. Cassie smiled politely at them in thanks as she left for the common room, if she was being honest she was hoping that this would be the last she heard of her birthday.

She reached the Common Room to find Harry, Ron, Fred, George and Lee standing waiting for her. When they caught sight of her the five boys stood to their feet, "Happy Birthday!" As they cheered the words Harry and Lee both popped party poppers filling the room with red and gold confetti. Cassie's eyes widened as she stared at them.

Fred watched the girl's face carefully taking notice of the fact that he was not smiling, he punched George in the arm, "I told you she'd hate it!"

Cassie smiled slightly shaking her head, "I don't hate it. Thank you, boys. I appreciate it."

The rest of the boys smiled widely with pride while Fred moved towards the girl placing a kiss on her cheek, "I tried to talk them out of it but they're stubborn," Cassie shrugged with a small smile allowing him to wrap an arm around her shoulder and pull her into his side. He leaned down to her ear and whispered gently, "Happy Birthday, love."

For the first time Cassie didn't have to resist rolling her eyes at the words, she simply smiled placing a gentle kiss on the boy's lips. A moment later Hermione can stumbling down the stairs her hands trying to tame her bushy hair, "Oh no, I missed it."

Cassie rolled her eyes at the pout on her best friend's lips as Fred chuckled, "It's fine Granger, she hated it anyway."

With that, the group began to file out of the common room heading towards The Great Hall. As they entered the Hall it was filled with students and Cassie couldn't help her mood deflating at the sight of the student turning to watch her, most of them glaring. She sighed slightly moving closer to Fred's side as they took a seat.