SUNDAY MORNING AND NU METAL

THE DINNER was chill. A bit of drama but nothing too crazy. Tommy was sitting in the living room as Reina exhaustingly opened the door.

"Hey," Tommy says and looks at the TV. He was almost to the end of Stranger Things.

"Hey," Reina takes her heels off as she lays on the couch, "are we going to talk about last night?"

"Hmmmm," he thinks, "no."

"Oh, well goodnight," she stands up and goes into the bathroom to take a nice warm shower, washing off all the bad thoughts before going into her room.

Reina dried her hair before throwing the towel and laying in bed next to Nikki. "How was dinner?" He asked while turning to look at her.

"It was okay, couldn't drink much since I was driving," she sighed, "you know, you guys aren't as insane as they say you were."

"They?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Just people," she uses her hands to express it, "you guys are a bit more mellow."

"Trust me we aren't, we just can't do shit since apparently the government is after us," Nikki rolls his eyes, "but I guess Netflix is cool."

"I can understand that," she stares at her ceiling.

"So what kind of men do you like?" Nikki asks and scooches toward her.

"Older men," she nods.

"Oh really? Like rich?" He raised his eyebrow.

"I mean I don't really care, but rich could be nice," she explains.

"So your boss would be nice?" Nikki asks and Reina shakes her head and takes a second to think.

"Yeah I guess my boss is pretty hot," she smiles as Nikki gives her a look.

"What's that one sound?" Nikki thinks.

"Which one?"

"Bombastic side eye," he gives her a side eye and Reina starts hysterically laughing.

"Oh my god don't ever say that again," she kicks her feet.

"Why?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Because, you're 27 years old," she says through her laughs trying to catch her breath, "only 13 year old girls say that."

Nikki looks at her as if she's crazy, "that made my day." Her stomach rests and the cramp the laughing gave her died down.

"Even after what Tommy said?" Nikki asks and with that, the atmosphere completely changed.

"I actually forgot about that, and it's only been 25 minutes, so uh yeah," she lays on her side and reaches to turn her lamp off, "You heard all of it?"

Nikki slowly nods, "You know we could always make Tommy jealous," he suggests, Reina turns around.

"We both know that would be really irresponsible," she sighs.

"Irresponsible? Tommy and I share groupies all the time," he trails his finger across her arm, "what's the harm?"

"That's the harm, I'm getting compared to a groupie," she stands up, "go to bed Nikki."

She walks out of the room and Mick was in the kitchen getting a snack, "what's up?" he asks as she sits down.

"You're band mates are driving me insane," she groans and runs her hands across her face, "we really need to find a way to get you guys back, like you're cool and all but this can fuck a lot of things up, you've been here for a week and a half."

"And we're around 7 chapters in," Mick says, "so we probably should. I like it here but like you said, need to go back to our time." The room stayed silent, "hey can you go pick me up some Vodka?"

"Sure," she ran down to the store then brought Mick a bottle of Tito's.
-
"Thank you," he says.

"No propblem, goodnight," she laid back down and Nikki was going through some of her books.

"Who the fuck is Harry Potter?" he raises and eyebrow.

"Its a story about a wizard school and British people," she sits down, "the main character was a third wheel in his own franchise."

"So have you reconsidered your decision?" He grabs Daisy Jones and The Six then leans in and gets closer to her.

"I should have you and Vince switch sleeping places, or you and Mick," she scoffs.

"Just saying," He shrugs, "this could really work."

"Fuck it," she pulls him in and smashes their lips together hoping this isn't another mistake.
-
The next morning Reina was in the kitchen making breakfast, "why're you so happy?" Mick asks pouring himself a cup of coffee.

"It's a Sunday morning," she shrugs, "gotta love Sunday's."

"Sunday's still exist?" Vince asks.

"Yeah, why wouldn't Sunday still exist?" She puts an egg on a plate.

"I thought you guys got rid of all bad stuff," he assumes from the couch.

"Nope, Sundays are still alive and thriving," she explains as "Sunday Morning" by No Doubt comes on.

"Who is this?" Nikki asks looking up from the book he was reading.

"No Doubt, they were popular in the 90's, the singer Gwen Stefani kinda went on and did her own thing though," she says as she bobs her head.

"The bass line is really cool," Nikki says as he watches whatever is on the TV.

"Yeah his bass lines are actually really impressive and complicated," Reina continues, "he was with the singer for awhile, one of the songs turned from a love song into a breakup song because of it."

"Wait did you just say the bass lines were 'impressive and complicated?'" Nikki asks while scrunching his face.

"Yes..."

"You can actually hear bass?" Tommy asks while raising an eyebrow.

"Yes..." she squints her eyes.

"Do you have any musical background?" Nikki questions.

"No, I mean I can play around on a ukulele, but I just have a good ear for things like that, always have, kinda grew up around it too, my brother was in a Nu Metal band when we were in high school," she takes a bite of bacon.

"What do you mean 'a new metal band,' if this band was created when you were in high school?" Vince interrogated.

"No, Nu Metal, it's a metal genre that started in the 90's it was popular from the early 90's to early 2000's I wanna say, maybe late 90's actually," she tries to think.

"Show us," Mick suggests and Reina squints.

"You sure?" She raises an eyebrow.

"C'mon it can't be that bad," Vince makes the gay motion with his hand.
-
"Boom ba ba boom ba ba bee ma boom ba ba boom ba ba bee ba, GO!" Reina screams then does the Nu Metal jump, "so fight! Something on the ming-a-boo! FIGHT, some things they fight!" The song went on, "Something takes a part of me, you and I were meant to be, a cheap fuck for me to lay, something takes apart of me."

Mick seemed to be the only one enjoying this as he bobbed his head up and down.

"So what'd you guys think?" Reina pants out of breath.

"I liked it," Mick nods as the others looked at her weirdly.

"Told you guys."
-
this chapter was so hard to name