3

Sofia and I walked through the door of our apartment, exhausted but happy to say the least. We had just completed our first day at the café and were eager to share our different experiences with each other. We began by unwinding, kicking off our shoes and slumping onto the couch, taking in the familiar surroundings of our miniature living room. Our apartment wasn't much, yet then again we didn't need alot. The sun was setting outside, casting a warm glow over the room.

I was the first to break the building silence. "Can you believe we made it through the day?" I began, a breathy laugh following. "I thought for sure we were going to mess something up."

Sofia smiled at me. "I know, right? But we did it! And we even learned a few new things... I think."

I nodded in reply. "And how to deal with difficult customers. Remember that one guy who kept complaining about his order to you?"

Sofia rolled her eyes. "Ugh, yeah. But I handled it like a professional." Her eyes rolled sarcastically as her shoulders shrugged before her facial expression softened. "I'm proud of us."

Beforehand, on our way back to the apartment, we already ordered a takeaway for when we got back. As a "celebration", if you like.

While we waited for our food to arrive, we chatted and chatted about our day and shared stories about the customers we'd served. We talked about the "special customers" which were celebrating something that I'd served, the tourists who were visiting the city, and the locals who stopped in for a quick coffee on their way to work.

When the food arrived, the two of us eagerly dug in, savoring the flavors of each and every one of our favorite dishes. We also talked about how good the food was, and how we wished that we could cook like this ourselves. (We're horrendous chef's, im not sure how we got a job in a café) But for now, we were happy to enjoy the takeaway.

Sofia and I even talked about going to the movies, visiting the museum, and maybe taking a dance class for a bit of fun. The both of us knew to make the most of our free time, since both of our work schedules were going to be busy.

After dinner, Sofia begged me to watch a movie with her, even though I was desperate to go to sleep already... the first day of doing something new for the first time truly was exhausting for me. She chose an old classic that I'd seen before, but it didn't matter. We were happy just to spend time together, basking in each other's company. As the two of us snuggled under a blanket, we talked about our dreams and aspirations, and how we hoped to achieve them someday - hopefully soon.

As the movie ended, I said goodnight to Sofia with a tight hug and longingly headed to my beautiful bed that I'd missed so very, very much. Believe me, we both knew that we each had a lot of work ahead of us, but we were ready for it. We knew that we had eachothers support and friendship, and that the both of us were ready to take on whatever challenges or opportunities came our way.

( I physically cannot write in first person any longer. Here's 3rd person ☝️☠️ )

The next morning, they woke up early and got ready for work. They had a packed day ahead of them, but they were excited to see what yet another day would bring their way. The pair walked to the café, talking about their seperate plans for after work. In addition, they also talked about how one day they wanted to travel the world and try all different kinds of new foods... I'm sure you've guessed by now that their takeaway from the night before had inspired them.

When they arrived at the café, they were greeted by their coworkers, who were all smiles and friendly greetings - except Bruno... even his presence seemed to be in a monstrous mood. Nevertheless, Sofia and Amaia knew they'd made the right decision in accepting this job. They were going to have a great time working here.

Throughout the day, they served their respected customers, made drinks, and cleaned up the café behind each and every person who came and went. They worked hard, but they also had fun - however much fun you can have while working. They joked around with their coworkers, shared stories with each other, and even secretly danced a little to the soft music that played in the background when no one was looking.

Bruno pulled Amaia aside after she'd dismissed a table, the stern look on his face just as prominent as before. He'd dragged her into the nearly desolate kitchen, his hands on her shoulders.

"Those two customers you served yesterday want you to serve them again." He said, his eyebrows furrowing as his mouth formed a line.

"Is that good or bad?" She muttered with a slight head tilt, an awkward smile tugging at the corners of her lips.

"Good if you can handle it... they're bringing their son along." Bruno removed his hands from her shoulders, now scratching his scruffy beard.

"I can handle it. Trust me, Bruno, I'll do amazing." Amaia half scoffed jokingly, turning to head out of the kitchen again. "Wait, when do they want me to?" She stopped in her tracks, hand firmly planted on the door handle.

"Tommorow. Look your best if you please." His fingers snapped as he himself turned his body around, helping the kitchen staff out since they were currently short on numbers.

She hummed, pulling the door open with a sigh. What did he mean "Look your best"? She always looked good. Or so she hoped.

As the day came to a close, Sofia and Amaia said goodbye to their very few fellow coworkers and headed home. They did have plans to go out themselves and have some fun yet their tiredness stopped them from doing so. They were tired, yes, but they were also satisfied. They had completed another successful day at the café and had met a few new people along the way.

Before they seperately settled into bed that night, they talked about how their day went and reflected on how far they had come since merely being friends in school that dreamed on living with eachother someday. They talked about the challenges they had faced and how they had overcome them. They talked about the opportunities that lay ahead of them, including Amaia having to serve the special customers once again tommorow - their son, too - thirdly and finally, the pair also talked about their growing excitement to see what else the future would bring to their lives.

Nevertheless, both of the younger women knew that they had each other's support and friendship no matter what the future held, and they were ready to take on whatever challenges - or opportunities - came their way.

(A/N)

I don't really like this chapter but it'll have to do for now... I promise the chapters will get better once Ale is introduced though. :)

Have a wonderful day/night wherever you are!

! NOT PROOF READ !

(1217 words)