5. Seven Months

HE OPENS THE CAR DOOR FOR ME AS I STEP IN.. we sit in silence for what seems like forever. It seems like we are both itching to say something. We are both quite drunk, maybe it's best we do not say anything.

'How was your night?' He turns to me, slouched against the taxi seat.
'It was eventful, but good nonetheless, you?' I ask still shocked he's speaking to me.
'It was nice'.

The silence follows us back to the hotel. We arrive and he rushes to get out as he sprints to my side of the car to open my door. We walk through the reception and to the hallways, the silence is still looming as he follows me towards the elevator.
'What floor are you on Corey?' I ask about to press the button he says.
'I'll make sure you get to your door safely first' he says waiting for me to push the button that leads to my floor.
Why are we conversing as if we've just met?
The elevator takes off and my mind is starting to swarm with my overpowering thoughts.
I don't think i can conceal them any longer, i'm tired, i want the truth.

'Corey' i exhale turning towards him.
'Oh no, are you going to throw up again' He laughs referencing to the last time i mentioned his name like that.
'No, i want to ask you something' i brush off his joke.
He waits for me to question him.
'Do you have a girlfriend?' i ask with a hint of a tear forming in my eye, my tone sounds disappointing.
He looks at me, directly, into my eyes.
Silence.
That's my answer.
He doesn't need to say anything.
He's been distant and cold because he has a girlfriend, that's understandable. Right?

'For how long have you two been together?' i ask wiping a tear that was about to uncover on my face.
He goes to answer-
*Ding* The elevator doors open and reveals my corridor i'm staying in.
We both step out and walk towards my door.
I'm about to swipe my card but turn to him once more waiting for my answer.
'Seven months, Arabella' he softly says as his voice cracks nervously.
But he is simply lying because we wrapped only four months ago, that would mean that they were together whilst we was- No. He is being untruthful. It cant have been-

'Seven months?' My voice cracks also.
He looks disappointed in himself.
My sadness starts to turn into anger, i immediately swipe my card and walk into my room only for him to follow me.
'Get out Corey' i say to him unstrapping my heels.
He's just standing there, palm on his forehead looking puzzled.
'Arabella' He calls my name for me to look up at him.
I don't.
I shan't.

I'm sat on the end of the bed attempting to take off my last shoe. He kneels before me next to the bed and looks up at me. I feel my face turning red and my hands start to quiver.

He holds my hands tight so i stop focusing on them and onto him instead.
'What is it?' i ask.
'What do you mean?' he responds.
'Why are you still here?' i question as i look down at my hands wrapped up in his.

'I feel bad for upsetting you cherry' He gets up and sits next to me.
'Do you even know why i am upset Corey?' I turn my body towards him.

'I am upset because during filming you were my person, we went to each other sad, happy, playfully. You told me everything about you and i returned the favour. You showed me your talents and your weaknesses. You told me interesting facts everyday because you knew the stupidity of them calmed me down. You taught me breathing exercises. You danced with me like no one was watching. I felt so intertwined with you, Corey. It was a connection that i've never felt before with anyone. And now, you pretend like i do not exist, like none of that mattered. To find out you had a girlfriend during that time, has burdened every thought i now reflect back on. I cannot believe i was so deluded to think that you was falling into this as much as i was. Did you not think that you was leading me astray? You saw my care for you, did you just want to take it all for advantage? WHAT WAS IT COREY? Why did you ignore me for MONTHS?' i take a deep breath as tears start to cascade down my face.

He gets up and walks towards the door,
'So you're just going to leave now? Huh?' i get up and follow him to the door.

He is facing the door and i am facing his back.
He is not saying anything.
'COREY, you reply to me NOW' i shout.

'I FELT IT TOO, I felt it the moment you looked at me at the table read to the moment you was vomiting outside that club to this moment right now. I've felt it through these past two weather seasons where you plagued my mind with guilt every day. The first day i met you i considered leaving my relationship. You frustrated me because i couldn't be with you, i couldn't go near you as often as i'd like because i had a chain pulling me back, IS THAT WHAT YOU WANTED TO HEAR ARABELLA?' He is staring into my eyes looking down on me.

'That is not my fault, you could've left at any given point, why didn't you?' i uttered.
Our faces were so very close together, i can smell the mint gum he put in his mouth on the car ride home.

He starts to cry.
'She got me this job, her parents helped me get this job. To leave as soon as we started for a girl i just met that could've been disastrous. I wanted to, so many times. I've done wrong, Arabella. I mentally cheated with you. You were every thought i had. I feel terrible, i feel trapped. I'm so sorry' He cries harder.

'Why didn't you tell me?' i softly ask.
'I was selfish, i didn't want you with anyone that wasn't me' He cried.
He embraces me and cries into my shoulder.

My mind is an empty place right now. Usually it's infected with thoughts but as of right now, it's empty.

He pulls back and i wipe his tears, he stares into my eyes. 'You will never know how much i missed looking into your beautiful eyes bel' his gazes switching from my left eye to my right.
He scans my face as i watch him do so. Our faces are so close together i feel like i can smell his moisturiser. His scent is like no other, so lustful, so romantic.

His eyes shutter a little as they gaze onto my lips, he looks at them and then back up to my eyes and repeats. He slowly edges towards me.
Hands grasp my cheek as he leans in, our lips about to embrace one another, a moment i've been longing for.

A phone rings stopping us in our tracks. We both look startled as he frantically looks in pocket for his phone, he takes it out and on display it says 'Lola' with a red heart emoji next to it.

He says goodnight to me and leaves.

:)
FINALLY INTERACTION WOOOOOO.