Journey to the Pridelands

"Kion?" Alexis asks as she finds Kion one morning as she is walking.

"Alexis. Uh hi." Kion says nervously.

"I was thinking about something." Alexis says nervously.

"About what?" Kion asks curiously.

"I.. I was curious if you wanted to stay at the Tree of Life. I understand it may be a difficult choice but we've always made a good team ever since we met." Alexis says.

"I know. Nearly inseparable. The Lion Guard and the Night Pride work really well together. Especially you and me.. But you know I have to go back eventually." Kion says as Alexis sighs.

"I know.. Just as I have to stay here.. I'm gonna really miss you Kion." Alexis says as she looks down sadly.

"I'm gonna miss you too.. a lot." Kion says as he looks at Alexis sadly.

*Song being sung is from Trolls called True Colors*

Kion Singing

You with the sad eyes
Don't be discouraged, oh I realize
It's hard to take courage
In a world full of people
You can lose sight of it all
The darkness inside you
Can make you feel so small

Show me a smile then
Don't be unhappy
Can't remember when
I last saw you laughing

Kion and Alexis Singing

This world makes you crazy
And you've taken all you can bear
Just call me up
'Cause I will always be there

Kion Singing

And I see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
And that's why I love you

Kion and Alexis Singing

So don't be afraid to let them show
Your true colors
True colors are beautiful
I see your true colors
Shining through (true colors)
I see your true colors
And that's why I love you
So don't be afraid to let them show
Your true colors
True colors are beautiful (they're beautiful)
Like a rainbow
Oh oh oh oh oh like a rainbow

Kion Singing

Ooh can't remember when
I last saw you laughing
Ooh oh oh oh
This world makes you crazy
And you've taken all you can bear
Just call me up
'Cause I will always be there

Kion and Alexis Singing

And I see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
And that's why I love you
So don't be afraid (don't be afraid)
To let them show your true colors
True colors are beautiful (you're beautiful, oh)
Like a rainbow
Oh oh oh oh oh like a rainbow
Mmm mmm

*Song Over*

"Being queen has been more work than I expected. I really could use your help keeping the Tree of Life at peace." Alexis says as she is sitting with Kion under a tree.

"If I've learned anything about you Alexis it's that you don't need my help. You don't need anyone's help. You're a great leader in many ways." Kion says as Alexis smiles.

"You too Kion. You'll make a great king one day." Alexis says.

"Well all great kings need a great queen by their side.. Kinda like you." Kion says as he blushes.

"Queen?" Alexis asks as she smiles.

"Kion! Hey Kion." Bunga says as he and the other Guard members come running over.

"Spoil the moment Bunga." Alexis thinks as she smiles and steps away so Kion can talk with the members of the Guard before smiling upon hearing their temptation to stay as Ullu comes flying over.

"Queen Alexis, Lion Guard. I've spotted a cheetah making his way up the pass. Queen Rani is on her way there as we speak." Ullu says.

"A cheetah?" Fuli asks.

"Mibinamet!" A voice shouts.

"Azaad! Wha-?" Alexis and Fuli ask in union as they look at each other.

*Rimeskip*

"Fuli, Queens Rani and Alexis." Azaad says as the group arrives where he is.

"Azaad." Alexis says kindly.

"You three know each other?" Fuli asks.

"Azaad's been to the Tree of Life before." Alexis says.

"Yes. Queen Janna herself healed Azaad after an unexpected fall. She will be missed." Azaad says.

"Thank you Azaad. So what brings you here now? Another unexpected fall?" Rani asks.

"No, no. Two travelers asked for directions and Azaad has shown them here. Swift as a cheetah. It seems they couldn't keep up." Azaad says.

"Azaad!" A voice shouts revealing to be Jasiri and Janja.

"Wait for us!" Janja shouts.

"Jasiri!" Alexis says happily as she goes over and nuzzles Jasiri.

"Janja? I'll stop him. Zuka Zama!" Bunga shouts as he tackles Janja.

"Oh Bunga get off of me. I'm on your side now." Janja says as Bunga lets him up.

"Jasiri? Janja? What you doing here?" Kion asks.

"It's Zira. She and her pride of evil lions are back." Jasiri says as the others express surprise and concern.

"But you roared those lions all the way out of the Outlands." Bunga says.

"Yes but they're back now. And now Zira's son Kovu and daughter Vitani are fully grown." Jasiri says.

"Hate to admit it but us hyenas don't stand a chance against those lions." Janja says.

"The hyenas told me all of this. It is why I brought them here as fast as I could, and faster than they could." Azaad says.

"Kion?" Alexis asks as she looks at Kion.

"It's up to the Lion Guard to stop Zira and her pride. As long as we have the Mark of the Guard we have a duty to defend the Pride Lands." Kion says as Alexis looks down.

"I can't go with you this time. I no longer bear the mark since I became queen beside Rani. But just because I have to stay doesn't mean all of you do. Our home is in danger and you need to go help." Alexis says as she looks at Kion and the rest of the Guard.

"Yes. And we have to go now." Kion says as Alexis nods.

"Kion I think I have to stay. I'm Queen Rani and Queen Alexis's Royal Mjuzi now. This is my place in the Circle of Life." Makini says as Kion looks at her.

"I understand. I'm sure you'll be a great Royal Mjuzi Makini." Kion says as everyone says goodbye to Makini.

"Say hi to all the Pride Landers for me?" Makini asks.

"So Lion Guard this is goodbye. Thank you for helping me defend the Tree of Life and for bringing my sister home to me. I consider each of you a member of my Pride. We both do. Fuli, Bunga, Beshte, Ono, Anga, and you as well Kion." Rani says.

"Kion I know you need to protect the Pride Lands but did you mean what you said before?" Alexis asks curiously.

"I did." Kion says as Alexis smiles.

"You and your friends will always be welcome at the Tree of Life." Rani says kindly.

"Thank you Queen Rani. Take good care of Alexis and Makini. Come on Lion Guard. Time to go. Til' the Pride Lands' end..." Kion says.

"Lion Guard defend!" The guard shouts as they leave.

"Maybe the roar will return again someday." Rani says.

"I hope so." Alexis says as she begins to head back to the tree of life with Rani.