Chapter -8, caging her

KAENA'S POV:-

I feel my hands shaking. My blood turning cold, my whole body unable to move. It just stilled on the same place. Each steps he took down the stair makes my heart beat more faster.

I finally gathered some energy in me and tried to run away. I turned around ready to leave but I guess god has other plans tonight. I gasped and stepped backward to steady myself. Some men in black stood infront of me, puffing their chest in pride and intimidation. They were just some inches away from me, leaving no room for me to leave. All of them caged me surrounding themselves around me.

I looked around myself and saw brother naven being hold back by another guard when he was about to approach me. He was struggling to break free but wasn't able to. He went to punch him but another man held his hand and twisted them behind him. Mom and dad also wanted to come towards me but were stopped by some other guards. We were caged from all sides, leaving us no space to run.

It was a trap.

"Going somewhere already Mia Bella?" His dark deep voice made me flinch. I can feel the hair stand up on my neck. I took a deep shaky breath to collect myself.

'It's okay. It's gonna be fine. You are not the same as past. you are Kaena now. A successful strong women. Not alora' I whispered to myself, chanting sweet nothings to myself .

I clenched my hand into a fist and slowly turned around, ready to face him. My heart beating unusually fast. I am sure if my heart beat was recorded on a holter monitor, it would have broken upon how fast my heart is pounding against my chest.

My eyes went to his hard muscular chest and slowly trailed up towards his face. He was observing me intensely, but I didn't dare to look into his eyes. I cannot gather the courage to do so.

"You haven't answered yet Mia Bella" his face turned cold just like his voice

"Uh n-no I wasn't. I just- got a bit tired and wanted to r-rest somewhere else" I said trying to compose myself as much as possible. I can't make a fool out of myself infront of this whole crowd. Though I hated how I stammered at first but his aura is so intimidating it is hard not to do so.

He just hummed and nodded

"Would you like to have a dance princessa?" He asked respectfully extending his one hand towards me.

I looked at him and then at his hand before answering

"I am sorry but I can't. I cannot dance very well. I am afraid I will only embarrass you" I politely declined.
I thought he will hate it that I just flately rejected him but he just smirked slyly

"It is okay, I can teach you" he said

"But-" before I can even finish my sentence he took my hand and pulled me towards him. My chest collided with his hard torso.

" You just need to follow my lead and held on to me" he said looking straight into my eyes and slowly came near my ear, whispering "and don't reject me. You wouldn't like what I will do with your family right?" His voice dangerously low and threatening

My eyes immediately snapped towards mom and dad. They had worried expressions, both of their faces turned pale.

He held my hand and pulled me towards the center of the ball room. His one hand snaked around my waist. His hold possesive and dominant. He held my one hand with his other and I placed my other hand on his chest, trying to create some distance between us.

The music started to play on the background. Some couples also joined us on the floor to dance for which I am grateful for. I would have fainted if I had all the eyes of the people present in the ball room at me. Though they are still staring at us, I can feel it, but the stares slowed down a fraction.