Forgotten birthday. - pt.2

I'm back :D

The exams are almost finished and some people from ao3 requested to make a reaction so... why not?

!TW: mentions of: alcohol, drinking, smoking, blood and suicide!

CREDITS TO korue_ FOR BEING MY BETA READER AND CHECKING IF THERE ARE ANY MISTAKES I APPRECIATE IT <3

Atsushi came into the agency with a small gift in his hand. He really hoped Dazai would enjoy it. They all owed him an apology. He looked around, however there was no sign of his mentor anywhere in the room.

-Oh, Atsushi. Dazai is still not here, any ideas where he could be?- Kunikida said looking up from his work. He also had a small gift for Dazai. It was in fact just a nicely packed chocolate and bandages, since Dazai loved bandages. Atsushi thought for a while.

-Maybe I'll go check his apartment?-He proposed a few seconds later.

-Seems like a good idea- Kunikida answered.

10 minutes has passed and Atsushi was now in front of the door of Dazai's flat. He knocked on the door and waited. No answer.

-Dazai-san? It's me, Atsushi!- He knocked once more, yet again there was no answer. He pushed the handle of the door. It was open.

-I-I'm coming in!-He hesitated but came in. He looked around. It was an absolute mess. Atsushi didn't expect it to be clean, but he didn't expect it to be this dirty either. There were empty alcohol bottles on the floor, empty cigarettes boxes, dirty clothes, mugs and plates everywhere and dirty bandages on the floor. All the mess grossed him out. The air was not fresh either. The smell of alcohol was everywhere.

-I didn't know Dazai was a drinker... and that he smoked- Atsushi muttered.

-Are those... blood stains..?- He frowned and kneeled down to look at the floor. It was covered with dark red and brown stains. They weren't fresh.

-I-I shouldn't investigate his apartment!-He said and ran out. He didn't want to look into Dazai's privacy.

-So... I didn't find him there...-Atsushi looked up as he walked into the room. He saw all the agency members sitting in front of a computer. They looked... shocked?

-Atsushi. Come look at this. -Kunikida said in a cold voice as he stared into the screen. He walked up to them and looked at the screen.. The news were on.

Shocking news: A 22-year-old man threw himself of a building last night. The police has confirmed that it was a suicide, not a murder. He was found dead today in the early morning. We have confirmed that his name was Dazai Osamu. It was also confirmed that he was the youngest executive of the port mafia, the most dangerous underground organizationin Yokohama; however, he also worked at the Armed Detective Agency. He changed into a better person. Let us all have a moment of silence for him.

He instantly froze. Salty tears ran down his warm cheeks. His whole world shattered into little pieces. He couldn't believe his own eyes.

-What....- Atsushi mumbled. He suddenly felt light headed. The world started spinning. He collapsed a few seconds later.

.

.

.

Atsushi slowly opened his eyes. He looked around and saw Yosano.

-Oh, you're awake.-Yosano said. She seemed sad. Nevertheless, it was all a dream, right...?

-Was it all just a bad dream...? - He asked hesitantly. Yosano sighed and turned her head away from him.

-No... Dazai is dead- She said. Atsushi instantly broke into tears again. If only they remembered about Dazai-san's birthday... Maybe he'd still be alive...

It was all their fault.

words:549

A/N

it's pretty short, but yeahh

Hope you enjoyed it! And if you enjoy my work, please leave votes and comments- I mean you don't have to but it makes me happy and motivated so-

Have a good day/afternoon/night <3